Flying in Argentina with Overstay

czarman

Registered
Does anyone have experience with flying within Argentina if you have overstayed the 90 day limit? I leave Argentina in mid June but am thinking of booking a flight from B.A. to Patagonia and back before then. Would this be an issue? If so, is there a way to solve it? Thanks.

If you've overstayed only once and if you have already paid the overstay fine when you left, you will have ZERO problems. Nothing to worry about.

Does anyone have experience with flying within Argentina if you have overstayed the 90 day limit? I leave Argentina in mid June but am thinking of booking a flight from B.A. to Patagonia and back before then. Would this be an issue? If so, is there a way to solve it? Thanks.
I do not have experience flying in Argentina with an expired 90 day permit, but I doubt that the airlines will look through your passport for an entry stamp (if you actually have one) to see if you have overstayed your pemit as you are not leaving the country and you will not be going through migraciones check points.

If you've overstayed only once and if you have already paid the overstay fine when you left, you will have ZERO problems. Nothing to worry about.
Whether or not you previously overstayed and paid the fine when you left should be irrelevant.

I do not have experience flying in Argentina with an expired 90 day permit, but I doubt that the airlines will look through your passport for an entry stamp (if you actually have one) to see if you have overstayed your pemit as you are not leaving the country and you will not be going through migraciones check points.

Whether or not you previously overstayed and paid the fine when you left should be irrelevant.
It's relevant if he/she has an unpaid debt to the Argentine state.

It's relevant if he/she has an unpaid debt to the Argentine state.
How woud having overstayed a tourist visa creae a "debt to the Argentine state" that a domestic airline would be able to ascertain when issuing a ticket for domestic flights?

PS: If previous posts are correct, istechnically possible to leave Argentina (after buying an airline ticket) without paying the overstay fine, but it will not be posible to reenter the country until after the "debt to the Argentine state" has been paid.

Not that it helps in this particular case, but more generally, now that passports no longer get entry stamped, it will presumably be easier to fly under the radar in day-to-day activities that require tourists to present the passport as ID. It won't be obvious that the individual has overstayed.

How woud having overstayed a tourist visa creae a "debt to the Argentine state" that a domestic airline would be able to ascertain when issuing a ticket for domestic flights?

PS: If previous posts are correct, istechnically possible to leave Argentina (after buying an airline ticket) without paying the overstay fine, but it will not be posible to reenter the country until after the "debt to the Argentine state" has been paid.
PS: The "previous posts" indicated that it was possible to board a plane to leave the Argentine state after declining to pay the fine, but it didn't sound easy, but leaving the country is completey different from traveling within it.

It would be quite unfortunate if anyone passed on the opportunity to visit Patagonia after getting the wrong advice.

I recently travelled up to Iguazu (Argentina side) and they never checked my visa when flying domestic. They did check my passport to verify my identity was correct. I am still in my visa period though.

It woud be interesting to know (and certainly relevant) if the airlines now have access to migraciones database to be able to check to see if a traveler has a vaild or an expired tourist visa.

Now that stamps have been, how else would they know if they should issue a boarding pass for an internatonal traveler to proceed to immigracion, and, even if such a database does exist, would an expired tourist permit prevent domestic travel?

Back