food in Houston

steveinbsas said:
Are you saying he won't take you with him because the food in Huston is bad?

haha (jaja) no! I don't want to go as I have a feeling I will starve to death (or get fat).

(businesstrips -at least the ones my husband does- aren't ususally fun :eek: Many meetings in as little time as possible and too much (good or bad?) food - I'd rather stroll around town here.)

steveinbsas said:
I'm no marriage counselor, but if a married woman needs to be seduced by her husband, I'm afraid it might be a bit too late to think about food.

Are you kiddin'? A husband must continually seduce his wife. If he doesn't someone else will. Just because you're married, doesn't mean the work it over, on both sides.

Sorry Katti, can't help you with restaurants in Houston. Maybe you should PM the person who made that quote.

mini said:
Are you kiddin'? A husband must continually seduce his wife. If he doesn't someone else will.

NO, I'm not kiddin(g).

That's precisely why I'm not married and that's why I am also "someone else" (though not recently).

Otherwise, pussy just isn't worth the trouble...or the expense.

(unless you get the "local" rates.)

good food is relative.

I'm sure there are awesome rib and mexican places there.

what type of food is he looking for? Over cooked and over salted beef?

There are many good places to eat in Houston. It depends where he is and what he likes. A good mexican food place is Papasitos, a little expensive but never disapointing, margaritas are good too.. I personally like the small taquiarias where you will probably find authentis and cheap plates. Ichibon sushi restaurant in Greenspoint is always good.. As I said, it just depends where he is located and what he likes.

Who cares about Houston or its restaurants? This should be removed, immediately! There should be nothing about travel, unless it's to areas close to BA. Tripadvisor and Virtualtourist are two of many websites that offer travel advise.

Whats with the Houston/ Texas bashing? I am a Houstonian and yes we have a ton of restaurants good and bad just like in BA. Next time your husband goes to Houston send me an email and I can point him in the right direction depending on where he is staying. And I hope that we Texans are nicer than some of the people that have commented on this posting.

TX_Traveler said:
Whats with the Houston/ Texas bashing? I am a Houstonian and yes we have a ton of restaurants good and bad just like in BA. Next time your husband goes to Houston send me an email and I can point him in the right direction depending on where he is staying. And I hope that we Texans are nicer than some of the people that have commented on this posting.

Its ok that you guys bash argentinian cooking like the pizza thread and other comments on our cooking . If you look at the girth of the people in Houston you will see that their food is junk food mainly. I visited once and have never ever seen such obese people in one city.

If you look at the girth of the people in Houston you will see that their food is junk food mainly

Or big portions of lip smackin' good food.. I doubt there are many fat people here due to the crappy pizza.

Back