For Cheap Argentine Pesos, Visit Uruguay!

toongeorges

Registered
The exchange rate at Montevideo for Uruguayan pesos/US dollars is 19.40/20.10 and for Uruguayan pesos/Argentine pesos 2.70/3.70

This means that 1 USD buys 19.40 Uruguayan pesos and 19.4/3.70 = 5.24 Argentine peso. The official rate is around 4.80. (Of course, I know about the blue rate)

It is just absurd that legally you can get Argentine pesos at a better exchange rate in Uruguay than in Argentina.

The exchange rate at Montevideo for Uruguayan pesos/US dollars is 19.40/20.10 and for Uruguayan pesos/Argentine pesos 2.70/3.70

This means that 1 USD buys 19.40 Uruguayan pesos and 19.4/3.70 = 5.24 Argentine peso. The official rate is around 4.80. (Of course, I know about the blue rate)

It is just absurd that legally you can get Argentine pesos at a better exchange rate in Uruguay than in Argentina.
I don't find it absurd at all, no other country has an obligation to the K goverment to demand that the Peso is sold at the "official rate", Uruguay has its own free market which sets the value for the AR Peso, the only absurdity that I see is that you are only getting 5.24

I DO NOT SEE WHAT THE ADVANTAGE IS.
I CAN GET 6,20 TO THE USD HERE WITH NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!!
It's actually politically incorrect to use the black market. To be a true guest of Christina, you should use the official rate.

[quote name='HenryNisentalDall timestamp='1353240075' post='186038']
I DO NOT SEE WHAT THE ADVANTAGE IS.
I CAN GET 6,20 TO THE USD HERE WITH NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!!
[/quote]
Is it really necessary to call attention to this fact through the use of caps?

Back