For Coronavirus junkies

^ That seems so unbelievable that you already have a whole bunch of people explaining that this is probably wrong. WHO is investigating the testing techniques, because it's so unlikely that this virus is that much different that all the others.

(then again, I say that as a Covid 19 survivor, so I'm invested!)

Now it is 111 case (Korean news)
Use google translator for read

Not seeing this in my part of Recoleta, Pueyreddon/Las Heras. The park gates are locked, no one inside. I do see, of a sudden, the few people walking are wearing masks. That and the people queued up waiting to get into a pharmacy or a verduleria, also wearing masks. No one 'hanging about'.
Well, that was Sunday! Today Tuesday mid-day i'm out for some necessaries and vehicle traffic is up, street traffic is up with most obviously going for food or banks, but also men on the sidewalks walking or standing and many men without masks. No sign of anyone wiping hands with disinfectant. Overall the feeling of things moving away from cautious. Tomorrow comes the mask requirement but whether it's mandatory while just walking, not sure.

Scientists from Stanford have performed antibody tests for coronavirus for 3000 randomly selected people. They estimate that between 2.5% and 4.2% of Santa Clara County population may have antibodies. That means between 48,000 and 81,000 people could have been infected.

“These prevalence estimates represent a range between 48,000 and 81,000 people infected in Santa Clara County by early April, 50 (to) 85-fold more than the number of confirmed cases,” the authors wrote.

Interesting Stats.. Which are the safest countries today and which have the highest risk for contracting the virus. Argentina does not figure in top 20 in either extreme!

New study reveals that true infection fatality rate is in the ballpark if seasonal influenza

A new paper from two assistant professors of civil and environmental engineering at Northeastern University found that cutting up a pair of nylon pantyhose and wearing it over your face mask boosted the mask’s filtration to that of a medical-grade surgical mask.

Back