Forwarding Usps Package

Dusty Roads

Registered
Hi all!

I have come here to see if anyone might be able to help me with an unfortunate situation with the Buenos Aires Post office.

So to cut to the chase, my friend was having her laptop shipped back to her in Buenos Aires after having it repaired in the US. her contact (a friend) in the US sent it back via USPS. In the meantime, an unforseen family event forced my friend to leave BA before receiving the laptop. It is now sitting in a post office in BA. A friend of ours in BA tried to pick it up but was refused because she was not the recipient.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get this package forwarded to a new address (outside of Argentina) before they ship it back to the US in a month's time? I hate to think of it just sitting there after my friend paid to have it shipped to the US, repaired, and then shipped back.

Any input or experience with the BA post office would be greatly appreciated! I suppose I should mention that none of us are actually in Argentina and we have pretty much run out of favors with the aforementioned friend who stopped by the BA post office.

Mailing anything to Argentina is a leap of faith. Your friend will be lucky if the laptop ever gets back to the original US address. As far as forwarding to a new address, no, it won't happen and the very question is hilarious.

Ha, Thanks all!

I was afraid that would be the prevailing answer, but thought it would be worth it to ask around nonetheless. I appreciate all of you taking the time to answer.

And yes, the moment our friend told us they shipped the package via USPS (despite our requests to use virtually ANY other service) my heart sank. We will be patient and hope for the best.

I believe you need to have a written and signed statement by her with her DNI or passport number (and about as much information really) giving you or someone else the permission to pick it up (and also identifying you with your DNI or passport number). It helps if you have her DNI or passport or at least some copies on hand. That's really all I can think of.

Back