Frank Sinatra -- An Event I Wanted To Share With The Group

splaying

Registered
I know a few others in the BaExpats group who are going to hear this man sing on Thursday evening thus I wanted to share his presence with all of you. It is a pay for event so I hope I am not treading on anyone's toes for printing it here. The pay for basically is to cover the costs of putting it on for all of us in a public place.
Mickey is an elder statesman along with being an expat too. His wife is an exceptional Argentine woman. She also teaches some of us expats too.

Mickey will be singing a lot of Frank Sinatra this coming Thursday evening. So if you are anxious to hear "Come Fly With Me" then this is the vista where you should head that evening.

I hope many of our members are able to have the opportunity of reading this posting plus are able to attend the event.

Thank you

Walter

Hmmm? I'm not sure I understand. This is an expat singing sinatra covers? Where? What time? How much? Do you have a link to the information about this event?

I'd definitely be interested in going.

I tried attaching a file to the posting but I guess I need a lesson on how to do it

Here is the data

Thursday, April 10 @ 9:30 PM at La Biblioteca Café - Marcello T de Alvear 1155

Reservations: 4811 0673 // 4815 8156

Cover Charge $80 Minimum Consumption $60 Show and Dinner $200

Many years ago, when Palito Ortega brought Sinatra to Buenos Aires, he asked for a government bailout because he was going to lose money.

From Wikipedia:

"The sharp devaluation of the peso following the collapse of Economy Minister José Alfredo Martínez de Hoz's exchange rate timetable made his US dollar-denominated contractual obligations unaffordable, however. Ortega reportedly lost one million dollars after paying the legendary crooner for his Luna Park Stadium show, and was forced to sell a significant portion of his estate.

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Love [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]La Biblioteca Cafe! Beautiful space...Good luck![/background]

They said they will be open. We'll be there also. I've seen Mickey sing and he (and his band) are great.

Tom

Well I can walk there! Strike or no! But will they be open?

By 9.30 PM most of the demonstrations and Union Acts should be over and the city will be Quiet, No buses, Taxis, Subte, Trains, ships,Air transport, etc Get out your bikes, Galoshes and yellow Mac's. Maybe if you walk out of the show past midnight the Strike will be over? Otherwise?

https://plus.google....35726519/photos

Surely the Cafe Biblioteca will provide Remises? for the staff and band members :cool: What a great occasion to listen to Frankie's old time classics

Back