Free Concerts In Buenos Aires

Yet another new concert series has been announced.

Members of the National Polyphonic Choir and the National Choir of Argentine Music

Series: "Music and Presidents: The Soundscapes

Concert of the Casa Rosada"

Thursday, June 6 – 5 p.m.

Casa Rosada Museum

Av. Paseo Colón 100- CABA

Free admission

The Secretariat of Culture of the Nation of the Ministry of Human Capital, announces the concert Gala Lyrica Operas by Giuseppe Verdi of the Concert Series "Musics and Presidents: The soundscapes of the Casa Rosada" that will be offered by members of the National Polyphonic Choir and the National Choir of Argentine Music, in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires.

Giuseppe Verdi's musical legacy occupied a prominent place in the personal taste of President Nicolás Avellaneda (1874 – 1880), who appreciated the emotionality and virtuosity present in each of the Italian composer's works.

The evening will be framed by the majesty of Verdi's operas, with performances of excerpts from the acclaimed works "Otello", "Aida", "La Traviata", "Romanza", "Rigoletto" and "Nabucco".​

It is possible to attend two concerts on June 6th. First is the 30th anniversary concert of the Orquesta Sinfonica Juvenil Nacional directed by Mario Benzacry performing a work by Alberto Williams and Tschaikovsky's fifth symphony at CCK from 14 hs and then walk two blocks to the Casa Rosada for the first concert of the new series.

It's been years since I attended seven concerts in one week, but it just happened this week. The agenda of free concerts seems to be growing. I heard concerts by the Policia Federal, the Orquesta Sinfonica Juvenil Nacional in CCK, Verdi opera works at the Museo Casa Rosada, Orquesta de Camara de la Nacion in a church, Orquesta Juvenil San Isidro at Facultad de Derecho, a cello/piano duo at Usina del Arte, and Orquesta Barroco Argentina at CCK during five days, with two concerts on two days. I haven't done double-headers before, let alone two in one week.

While taking the bus to Usina del Arte, I noticed the woman seated in front of me had the FB post for the concert on her cell phone, the one I discovered last night. I told her I was on my way to the concert, and so was she for her work. Angie, who does publicity for the Ministry of Culture, gave me a quick glimpse of the new concert calendar that was just created to assist concertgoers in finding free concerts in the city. The only calendar is prepared by the free magazine Musica Clasica which has been my source along with websites for years. It takes time searching, but hopefully the new calendar will provide the information that concertgoers need.

Last edited:
The new site listing the concerts sponsored by CABA can be found on Facebook -- BA MUSICA and already has 18,000 followers (in a city of 3 million. It would be nice if they publicized the link at the concerts and on printed programs.

The other is MUSICA CLASICA AGENDA that offers their monthly magazine for free. Just sign up. Between the two sources, you will know about most of the concerts in the city.

This could be my last post to this thread, since I will be too busy attending concerts to spend timing posting my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back