Free Concerts In Buenos Aires

25th year - Festival de Guitarras del Mundo - October 1-13, 2019
Concerts are scheduled at UOCRA Cultural, Rawson 42, C.A.B.A. among others in the provincias.
The closing concert is October 13 at 18 hs in CCK.

I started writing this thread six years ago today. Since then I've learned about many more venues hosting free concerts around the city. As of today, I've attended 94 concerts this year and expect to attend many more by the end of the season..

Pablo Pereira is the principal violinist of the Orquesta de Camara de la Nacion. He is joined by pianist Laura Daian (his wife) performing Mendelssohn.

Oct 25th concert.jpg

Orquesta de Camara de la Nacion - Monday, Oct 28

Orquesta de Camara - TANGO.jpg

Camarata Argentina de Guitarras, Wed, Oct 30

Teatro Colon is usually the first to announce their concerts for the season that begins in March. I found the schedule of free Sunday morning concerts today. This is a year with many performances of Beethoven's music, celebrating the 250th anniversary of his birth. The Argentine Interpreters concerts pay tribute to this great composer.

I attended 128 concerts in 2019, the most I've attended in the 21 years I've lived here.

I am delighted to be learning to play the cello, thanks to the cellist in the above photo who gave me an instrument she wasn't using so that a 9-year-old in the local school program can practice in my home. I am relearning how to read music again after 50 years of not playing the piano or oboe. It's a wonderful experience and a challenge.

The June 21 performance at the Colon takes place in the Colon auditorium, not in the Salon Dordo. When you click for ticket info it only tells you about how to obtain tickets for the Salon Dorado but not for the Colon auditorium. Is it the same? Show up at the box office Friday at 9 AM?

Mozarteum Argentino concerts begin March 25, 13 hs at CCK - no tickets required

CCK concerts have begun
http://www.cck.gob.ar/programacion/musica_100

Bolsa de Comercio concerts begin April 3 at 18 hs. with Orquesta Policia Federal Argentina
https://www.bcba.sba.com.ar/agenda-categoria/conciertos/ (no schedule posted yet)

Back