Free Range/Organic Eggs

ChooSoong

Registered
Hi!

Does anyone know where I can get Free range eggs or Organic eggs here? Can they be found in Cota/Disco/Carrefour? As I do not understand nor speak Spanish yet, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look for a dietetica, many offer the same brand of organic eggs, but the name of the brand escapes me. They are in a pink carton. Also some shops in Barrio Chino carry them, and my local verduleria carries very yummy eggs which are advertised as being fed "100% alimentacion base vegetal" or "fed 100% vegetable-based feed," which have the best orange color and are yummy yummy.

I think a Dietetica is your best bet, they have them all over the city. If you happen to be in Palermo, my favorite is Mirasoles on Malabia between Charcas and Guemes.

Has anyone ever seen the Chicken Gaucho that herds these free range beasts?

This is not the place for organic food really. I dont think they ever met a chemical they didnt like. Read the ingredients, preservatives, artificial flavors, and very little natural ingredients. Friends brought me some food from home recently and I noticed the difference right away. All natural and delicious. Im often baffled when I read the posts that say this is a lovely city or boast about the food etc. If youre rich, its an ok place, other than that, Id give buenos aires a pass.

Sleuth said:

This place doesn't sell organic veggies/fruits or anything else as far as I can tell, unfortunately. from their FAQ, here's where they say it:
¿Comercializan Frutas y Hortalizas Orgánicas?

En este momento no.

En un desarrollo cercano, si, aspiramos a dar un
servicio integral y total en este rubro.

However, there are some places that you can order organic fruits/veggies and even meat and milk. http://www.talloverde.com/
Also, this website has some good links and the organic/natural map:
http://www.organicoopers.net/

I buy eggs "del campo", and while they are delicious I'm not sure that they are fed organic food.

dillster said:
This is not the place for organic food really. I dont think they ever met a chemical they didnt like. Read the ingredients, preservatives, artificial flavors, and very little natural ingredients. Friends brought me some food from home recently and I noticed the difference right away. All natural and delicious. Im often baffled when I read the posts that say this is a lovely city or boast about the food etc. If youre rich, its an ok place, other than that, Id give buenos aires a pass.

So why are you here?

No one mentioned El Galpon at Av Federico Lacroze 4171 in Chacarita, near the cemetary. It's right off the B line. I was there yesterday and there were several vendors selling eggs. They aren't necessarily "certified" organic, but they don't use "agrotoxins", and that's the best I've found here. It's a little hard to find El Galpon because it is in a yellow building off the street, right next to some abandoned rail lines. But, the vendors there also sell organic produce, bread, meats, dairy and other natural products.
It's a great find in the city. Open all day on Saturdays and Wednesdays.

Back