Friday Night and Time for a drink - April 1st

LisaS

Registered
Hiya,

New to BA from Australia and moved into a cubbyhole in San Telmo 10 days ago. Haven't spoken any English since - a challenge as my Spanish is appalling. So would love to have a few beers where I don't have to concentrate quite so hard to remain on the same conversational path as my fellow drinkers... Gather Friday after 9 at Bar Treffen? Hope to meet a number of you there.

April Fools Day, but no fooling Frinkers as we try again at Treffen Bar. Those that came out after St Patricks Day know that we tried to get here before, but they heard we were coming and shut for the night - or to be fair, they had run out of beer following a great St Paddy's Day there. So, not to be put off in our search for a great bar (and we know a lot of great ones already), we will try again this Friday.

The bar is located very close to the Inter Continental Hotel, on Piedras, (Piedras 178), in San Telmo/Capital, between Adolfo Alsina and Hipolite Yrigoyen, and very close to Av. de Mayo and all the Subte stations around there. So, no excuses from those who have to travel a little into town, it's very accesible.

This invite is out to everyone, new to BsAs, or long-termer. We get a great range of ages, nationalities, the only criteria for coming out is to have fun and meet people who are like-minded (or like a drink on a Friday Night!).

We usually say meet from 8 onwards and come and go as you please, but just to let you know that I won't be able to get there until around 9 this week (a good reason to get there earlier and have a few before I arrive!). The happy hour here goes on until 11, so hopefully all can enjoy.

Here is a link to the bar's web site so you can check out the place, it's certainly got a good range of beer to suit all tastes, so come on down and have a night of fun with the BsAs Fr*nkers!

http://www.treffen.com.ar/

And here's a link to some of the best April Fools Hoaxes ever - no kidding!

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/

LisaS said:
Hiya,

New to BA from Australia and moved into a cubbyhole in San Telmo 10 days ago. Haven't spoken any English since - a challenge as my Spanish is appalling. So would love to have a few beers where I don't have to concentrate quite so hard to remain on the same conversational path as my fellow drinkers... Gather Friday after 9 at Bar Treffen? Hope to meet a number of you there.

Hey LisaS I was living in Aus last year and loved it, now im here and in pretty much the same situtation as you...longing for a chat with someone where i dont have to think about translating everything they say and then only catching about half of it anyway! Im gonna try and make it tonight, on my own however! look forward to meeting you and having that chat! Lynsey

Lynsey and Lisa - There will be lots of people ready for a good chat tonight, don't worry - Look forward to meeting you guys...

Hi Guys,only been here 3 wks so not too sure about the night life,i also am in San Telmo so if there is anything going on next wk let me know or if anyone wants to meet in the day for coffee give me a shout.

Shirley - We head out every week, on a Friday, for drinks, so keep your eyes open here on a Thursday when we post where we are heading.

Great night last night, and lovely to meet new people - Hope to see you again next week.

To all you frinkers..it was great to meet you all last night. I had a great time and hope to see you all again soon! Lynsey

Okay - I think we are getting to the stage where a bit of an ''Aussie Night'' will be do-able - I think I might have to change my shifts around so I can do a proper Friday night ''session'' without having to wake up early for work on the Saturday :) lol Good to see a few more Aussies here - what can I say - I swing both ways - I'm your typical Aussie Brit - but that works for me - twice the occasions and opportunities to celebrate :)

Back