Friday Night Drinks - March 18th

Liam3494

Registered
Yes, you have recovered from St Patricks Day just in time for the regular Friday Night Get Together, so whilst you have the taste for it, why not come along and join us all for a night out at a New Frinking Venue.

Yes folks, you read it right - It's a new venue for us Frinkers. Treffen Bar is a Beer Palace, and is located at Piedras 178, right in the heart of the Capital, a wonderful location, full of a variety of beers for your palates delight. After much deliberation (well, I scratched my head a few times anyway!), it felt like the right time to try somewhere else, and hopefully this will be a great addition to our roster of wonderful pubs that we have Frinked in.

And for those who don't live south of ...San Telmo, this is even closer to you, so no excuses about travelling far from home. The bar is located very close to the Inter Continental Hotel, on Piedras, between Adolfo Alsina and Hipolite Yrigoyen, and very close to Av. de Mayo and all the Subte stations around there.

So, if you have sobered up from St Patricks Night, come along and start the weekend in fine style, with some decent beers, and a Happy Hour/After Office that goes on until 11. We start to gather from around 8 o'clock in the evening, but drop by any time and join the fun.

If you need any help on what we look like, send me a PM and I can sell you some pictures..... Umm, I mean, I can send you some pictures of previous nights out so you can get an idea of the crowd. We are all ages, all nationalities, and a great mix.

The bar has a web site too, so take a look, www.treffen.com.ar - and we look forward to seeing you on Friday Night for Frinks.....

see you there,get your glad rags on folks,it,s FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ok turn off the telly and move it...we,ll be waiting,vamossssssssss!!!

Damn - you tell me now - myself and my lady have just got the pisco sour and pasta good to go... Not to mention the couple of bottles of red that will go off tonight if we don't finish them :) lol Oh well - next time it will have to be... :)

you missed a good night Johnno,the original bar was closed so we went to Clover.HIC!!!!

Apologies to anyone who came out looking for Treffen last night, but unfortunately found it closed. When I got home last night, I had actually received an email from the bar (we like to let them know in advance that a largish group will be turning up) - Unfortunately I had alread left for town before it had arrived, but it shows they care - Good Customer Service - Here is the information...

" sorry Liam , tuvimos un inconveniente por ahora estara cerrado el bar. abrazo
Javier "

We are not sure what the inconveinece was, but we were guessing that they were drunk out of beer on St Patricks Day :).... let's hope it wasn't more serious...

Never fear, to those who saw the note we left on the door at Treffen and made it to The Clover, we had another great night, and see you all next week - watch this space for location....

Yes - I feel like I am wimping out a bit here - but then again its probably good I have had a chance to recover from the Irish Day celebrations - that was one heck of a night :) I'm going to have get my act together and show up to the next one - especially since the lecturing job is about to start soon and I actually have to start thinking about what the heck I am actually going to be teaching and so on :) Its been a while since I've actually had to design a university module/course for postgrad or undergrad even and I'm starting to feel like a drink right now just thinking about it - its this whole work thing you know... :) lol

Johno - Will you stop using swear words on here.... every time I hear the word "WORK" I break into a cold sweat....

And there was me hoping that next week would end up as only a two day week - Damn Unions, calling off a strike like that - what's the world coming too.... :D

lol:) As a great man once said - ''work'' is a small town in Germany and ''Manual Labour'' is a Mexican bandit :) Damn - it sounds funnier when you say it than when you type it - but its an oldie and a goodie so I thought I would throw it in there :) I've just finished that four letter word for the day right now in fact - I have some sour pisco to mix up... ;)

Back