From San Francisco to Mercedes, BsAs

ExCalifornian

Registered
Hello,

I´m a newbie to this website. My name is Andres and I am now living in the pampas of Buenos Aires. Definately a nice break from the hectic urban environment that I had become used to. If any folks are thinking about visitng Lujan or Mercedes, send me an email....it´d be nice to meet some ex pats. My wife (Argentina) and I are writers, brewers, and language instructors. If anyone wants some online Spanish lessons, check out our website. www.speakspanishonskype.com
Well, that´s all....all I have left to say is you have to love this country: the cheese is amazing and they respect the siesta. :D

ExCalifornian said:
Hello,

I´m a newbie to this website. My name is Andres and I am now living in the pampas of Buenos Aires. Definately a nice break from the hectic urban environment that I had become used to. If any folks are thinking about visitng Lujan or Mercedes, send me an email....it´d be nice to meet some ex pats. My wife (Argentina) and I are writers, brewers, and language instructors. If anyone wants some online Spanish lessons, check out our website. www.speakspanishonskype.com
Well, that´s all....all I have left to say is you have to love this country: the cheese is amazing and they respect the siesta. :D

1) Welcome.

2) I've been to Mercedes, it's got a nice little church in the middle of town, and I witnessed Easter Eve services there. There's also a cool little bar about 3 blocks from that square on a corner... and I think that I might lock myself in the garage with the car running if I lived in Mercedes at this point in my life.

3) I like the "brewer" aspect of your self-description. I'd like to add it to my self-description some day.

4) Keep an eye on this board and don't be afraid to make it into the city some time for some of the activities. There's a Chili Cook-Off that I just found out about coming up July 3rd (Sunday) from 1pm-4pm that you could easily make. Especially since you will be driving in the opposite direction of traffic. More details to follow.

Napoleon said:
1) There's a Chili Cook-Off that I just found out about coming up July 3rd (Sunday) from 1pm-4pm

My belly is rumbling already.

I hope there is a lot of salt;)

Hey, thanks for the welcome! I can probably make the Chili cook off on the 3rd. Sounds like a bring your own homemade beer event. Brewing has been a passion that I´ve developed here in Argentina, since there is a nice network of microbrewers in Cordoba and Buenos Aires. Napoleon, give this website a look a glance whenever you can (http://www.minicerveceria.com/home.asp)...they are a store located in Microcentro that sells beginner kits. Now if we can get a group together, I wouldn´t mind taking the train to BsAs to give a 1 day workshop on brewing.
Cheers.

ExCalifornian said:
Hey, thanks for the welcome! I can probably make the Chili cook off on the 3rd. Sounds like a bring your own homemade beer event. Brewing has been a passion that I´ve developed here in Argentina, since there is a nice network of microbrewers in Cordoba and Buenos Aires. Napoleon, give this website a look a glance whenever you can (http://www.minicerveceria.com/home.asp)...they are a store located in Microcentro that sells beginner kits. Now if we can get a group together, I wouldn´t mind taking the train to BsAs to give a 1 day workshop on brewing.
Cheers.

Hey Ex,

I am as well a beginner brewer. I have done three batches from kits and have, over the course of the last few months, really done my research on starting from unmalted grains. I swung by minicerveceria yesterday, what a great selection!! :) I hope to be starting my first one from scratch really soon. However very interested in also getting a group together and would love to hear a more experienced brewer talk. Ideas Welcome!!
look forward to hearing more.

Saludos,
Drew

Hola Drew,

Cool, well I´m happy to hear there is more brewing going on. Brewing is an ancient art form and when you get your brains into it, you can find a lot of wonderful scientific/mathematical/poetic factors. Starting from scratch is the way to go.....making the wort is the essence of your beer, once you have the mashing down and can control your desired temperatures, then you will be making some really tasty beer. Water is really important...in Mercedes, I´m getting my water from a well with some very clean water. Here is a wonderful online book that will explain EVERYTHING about brewing: http://www.howtobrew.com/section3/chapter14.html

Spanish Lessons while brewing your own beer...good business idea?

Hey ExCalifornian:

RobinsonGO and I are both talking about making beer and would both like to meet up and learn.

Thanks.

ExCalifornian said:
Here is a wonderful online book that will explain EVERYTHING about brewing: http://www.howtobrew.com/section3/chapter14.html

Spanish Lessons while brewing your own beer...good business idea?

Yes!! It is a great book. Exactly the one I have been using over these months. And the Spanish Lessons are an idea on top of that yes! Malta, Levadura, Lupolos, Trigo, Molir, Enfrio, Fermentar, Y CERVESA !!!! I have read all of John Palmers book and just about to start my first mash but would still like to listen to someone talk as well!! I might not even mind a trip to mercedez. I could go for getting out of the city for a minuet!

PM me whenever!
Drew

Back