Funeral Question

A&A

Registered
An Argentine friends grandfather passed away on Monday and they had the funeral very quickly on Tuesday. I was thinking of at least getting a "mass card", but not sure if this is done here? If so, can you just go to any church (I was thinking of the church at Recoleta cemetery as that is where he was buried). Is it called something else here?

If not this, is there something that is typically Argentine to do for the family? (I think it is too late for flowers at this point.).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

It's unfortunate to hear that A&A. I also attended a funeral at la Recoleta for my girlfriend's cousin. I didn't know what to do either. I did notice several people giving the close family a set of rosary beads. I don't know about mass cards because...well, I'm not catholic so I wouldnt't know anyway.

I have never heard of mass cards in Argentina. If you belong to a parish and are known to the clergy you could ask that a mass be said in memory of the deceased. Normally what they do is to mention the deceased in the mass. Things are not very organized in Argentina and I very much doubt that they have mass cards in rectories. I think that any gesture of kindness would be appreciated. If you cook, make something for the family. Other than that, just express your sympathy and offer any help that might be needed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CedarPawn Expat Events 126
S Expat Life 26
Back