Funny Signs In Ba

gpop

Registered
Juan B. Justo at San Martin, there was a show store near the corner (sign still there, although now it's sells pet food). The sign outside of the store read:
Boats and Shoes.

When at a pizza joint in Palermo, I asked for an English menu. One of the items on the menu suddenly made me loose my appetite . The item on the Spanish menu read Pizza de Campo; the English equivalent read:
Landfill Pizza.

More than once, signs inside of butcher shops are selling:
Ros bif.

Any other funny translations that the editors missed?

One that caught my eye is more of a genuine ignorance of Italian, rather than a translation gone South.

I saw a clothing store called "Porko trio" (lit. naughty threesome) which is actually similar to "Porco dio" (a blasphemous think involving God). Very bad taste.

q6P5Z8Q.jpg

bonus drawing found when searching Pizza Bum

8rL9O9E.png

:D

...Then there's always the famous "PEKSI". I'm still waiting to actually see someone write it down and have it published as such, but you hear it all the time :p

GPop
I live around the corner from the Boats and Shoes Pet Food Store and regardless of what they´re selling, they´re still a rip off! If you do need pet food go to the place across on the other side of Juan B. Much cheaper and much more reliable and with a real Vet. They´ve been there over 50 years.

Back