Furniture

For MercadoLibre, everywhere there is a "Comprar" button => it's Argentine pesos. By law, MercadoLibre (which serves as an intermediary) can only receive pesos from the seller for the commission.

Whenever it has a "Consultar" button => whatever the listing says (usually vehicles and homes). All the "consultar" listings are pretty much just ad listings so you always deal directly with the vendor as to how to pay.

Just moved into a new apartment and need to buy a small table, anyone know where I can get something cheap?

I would check out Mercado Del Pulgas at Alvarez Thomas y Dorrego in Colegiales. It is basically a covered flea market that has a lot of renovated furniture. In my opinion, the quality of the goods there is a lot better than you will find in most stores.

For MercadoLibre, everywhere there is a "Comprar" button => it's Argentine pesos. By law, MercadoLibre (which serves as an intermediary) can only receive pesos from the seller for the commission.

Whenever it has a "Consultar" button => whatever the listing says (usually vehicles and homes). All the "consultar" listings are pretty much just ad listings so you always deal directly with the vendor as to how to pay.

Very useful info, thanks!

nlaruccia, be nice, she's new, that's obviously what she meant.

Grace, I don't know the answer, I'm new too.

I'm not trying to be mean, but generally one Google's what currency is used in their travel destination before traveling there, or what language is spoken.

I've been here for a decade and I'm still confused as to what the country's currency is.

I'm not sure whether it's https://nomadecosmico.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/menemtrucho.jpg

or http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ruvdUtg2-WY/T8-5m5WZBkI/AAAAAAAAC54/atu7eiS6QCs/s400/Boudou.jpg

The currency is called Australes, so named for when Argentina was a colony of Australia (you can still occasionally find stray Roos bouncing around the pampa). Study the following bills for your upcoming trip:

argentina-334.JPG

Back