Future move to Argentina. Need advice on a few things

Lukas_88

Registered
Hey guys. So I'm looking at the possibility of moving to Argentina with my young family. Myself, Mrs and 4 children.

Location- somewhere safe, rural surrounds, good farm land for crops and cattle with cool summer months. I've had enough of these high 30's / low 40's celsius summers over here.

Schooling- my kids don't speak a lick of castellano so will need some sort of bilingual type school, preferably of christian denomination.

Transport- looking for a Toyota land cruiser or something similar any links or price guides would be great!

Any links, knowledge and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance ladies and gents.

Boy are you in for a surprise. Weather-wise and other-wise.

You might like to browse the search facility (top right corner) and see what others have already said about the things that interest you. That should answer most of your questions.

I think you will have to choose between the good farm land for crops and cattle or a billingual school, you can't have both, though billingual schools are typically in better neighbourhoods.

The school my girlfriend and her sister went to: https://www.northlands.edu.ar/
The school her brother went to: https://www.stjohns.edu.ar/
These are both billingual schools and should be good, though I am not saying they are the only options out there or the best, I do not have a tourough knowledge of the schooling system here, only that most public schools (there are some exceptions) are bad here.

I love these posts because they tell a lot about a person and their world view in only a few sentences.

Just out of curiosity OP, I'm gonna ask my 4 favorite questions for people who make these posts:

- How do you plan on living here legally? I assume you're not a citizen, so what's going to be your claim to legal residency status here?
- Do you or your wife speak Spanish?
- What are you going to do for work here?
- Have you ever been to Argentina?

As everyone else has and will say, use the search function, but I won't harp on that as these threads are my guilty pleasures.

I love these posts because they tell a lot about a person and their world view in only a few sentences.

Just out of curiosity OP, I'm gonna ask my 4 favorite questions for people who make these posts:

- How do you plan on living here legally? I assume you're not a citizen, so what's going to be your claim to legal residency status here?
- Do you or your wife speak Spanish?
- What are you going to do for work here?
- Have you ever been to Argentina?

As everyone else has and will say, use the search function, but I won't harp on that as these threads are my guilty pleasures.
My mother is Argentine and we have a large family in Buenos Aires and Cordoba. I'm going to try get dual citizenship through birthright, I've already got a self sufficient company set up in my home country, yes I've been to Argentina many times and my Spanish is terrible ATM but I usually pick it back up after a month or so in the country.

I'm still yet to really figure out the functionality of this website properly as I'm still a noob!

Hey guys. So I'm looking at the possibility of moving to Argentina with my young family. Myself, Mrs and 4 children.

Location- somewhere safe, rural surrounds, good farm land for crops and cattle with cool summer months. I've had enough of these high 30's / low 40's celsius summers over here.

Schooling- my kids don't speak a lick of castellano so will need some sort of bilingual type school, preferably of christian denomination.

Transport- looking for a Toyota land cruiser or something similar any links or price guides would be great!

Any links, knowledge and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance ladies an

It was tempting to reply along similar lines to Quilombo because there has been a mini-boom lately of people who seem to just assume that they can simply move long term to Argentina, bypass completely the immigration system, and set up shop in ways that would be impossible for anyone moving to their own home country to attempt. Your name gave me pause, a clue that you possibly did have some serious ties here and ways to manage your immigration status. Good for you and good luck with the project.

If you are going to apply for opcion de nacionalidad, try to do it at CABA, Cordoba is bad. With that your family can go after PR and / citizenship. Wring birth certificates apostilled, FBI Criminal Background check of the adults apostilled. Whatever you have about your mother is good enough because the judge ask info to the Electoral Chamber that have records of all the citizens. The procedures takes about 3 months.
The T. Hilux and the Amarok are produced in Argentina, this means a lower cost of maintenance.
Cordoba is probably your best option. San Luis is cheaper but isolated and perhaps too dry.

Last edited:
The big question to ask though if you are planning on living in Argentina is how you will be making money.

This country is run by kleptocrats who prefer people to be poor and badly educated, because then they are easier to control. If you have anything of wealth you are "an evil capitalist" for somehow managing to have more money than the others. If you will earn your money in Argentina, you won't earn much, if you earn it outside of Argentina and follow the law, you could easily lose 80% of your income or even more if you have investments with a low return. You will have to accept to be either poor (and not send your kids to a billingual school) or find a way to earn in black. Farmers in Argentina nowadays send their agricultural products as contraband to Paraguay, because they just cannot afford to pay the Argentine taxes. Before you decide to come and live here, make a visit and talk to your family to have a clear picture about living here.

Good Luck

Back