FYI 4.65 to the dollar

Thank you for the update, is it Western Union or something else ?

I get the same rate in my local chinese supermarket.

so someone coming from uk with pounds could change them to dollars before coming to Argentina, then to pesos and would get something like 7.11 to the pound instead of 6.59 (as of today) not taking into consideration spreads on the pound dollar conversion in London

Holy moly! I just changed $300USD at 4.3 ... definitely should've shopped around! Stupid banks rates ><

I'm not real up on these things but I would imagine that a person could just take their pounds to the money changer and get the good rate. Official rate is something like 4.3 for $ but the real rate is 4.65. I would guess that pounds are the same way.

D
Fettucini said:
so someone coming from uk with pounds could change them to dollars before coming to Argentina, then to pesos and would get something like 7.11 to the pound instead of 6.59 (as of today) not taking into consideration spreads on the pound dollar conversion in London

Most of the grey market operators only trade in Dollars / its much better to change pounds into dollars before you come.

Back