FYI: good Thanksgiving at Kansas

nledec

Registered
Let me start by saying that nothing beats homemade for Thanksgiving...

But if for some reason that isn't an option for you next Thanksgiving, I just wanted to say that the turkey dinner we had last night at Kansas was excellent.
Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots and pecan pie for $75 pesos (I brought my own cranberry sauce). I highly recommend it for anyone who needs it in 2011!

nledec said:
Let me start by saying that nothing beats homemade for Thanksgiving...

But if for some reason that isn't an option for you next Thanksgiving, I just wanted to say that the turkey dinner we had last night at Kansas was excellent.
Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots and pecan pie for $75 pesos (I brought my own cranberry sauce). I highly recommend it for anyone who needs it in 2011!
For those who believe BA is now expensive, I can report that in contrast to the Kansas 75 peso price (U$S 19), the cost of the American Soiety of Rio turkey dinner last night at the Rio Marriott hotel was R$ 115 (U$S 67)for members. OK, vodka cocktails and cheap wine were included, but still there's quite a difference.
p.s. the price for non-members was U$S 96.

Good to know about Kansas!

We went around 8:45 last night & there was an hour & half wait so we didn't end up having dinner there.

Debora said:
Good to know about Kansas!

We went around 8:45 last night & there was an hour & half wait so we didn't end up having dinner there.
Libertador Kansas?

We ate at the Libertador Kansas, but I know they offered the same dinner at their Olivos restaurant and I assume at the one close to Pilar too.
We did get there around 7:15 and were immediately seated, but then I noticed that the line got long really quickly. Unfortunately they weren't accepting reservations, but next year just pretend you're in the MidWest and go eat your supper early :)

nledec said:
We ate at the Libertador Kansas, but I know they offered the same dinner at their Olivos restaurant and I assume at the one close to Pilar too.
We did get there around 7:15 and were immediately seated, but then I noticed that the line got long really quickly. Unfortunately they weren't accepting reservations, but next year just pretend you're in the MidWest and go eat your supper early :)
Olivos? When did Kansas open shop in Olivos?

They opened a few years ago in Acassuso no? Haven't been to the one in Pilar yet but apparently it's doing equally good business.

Would love to see the books on that restaurant. The overhead has got to be high (although I heard that they got a sweetheart deal on the real estate at the hipodromo by leasing it from Formento Equino) but damn - they are *always* busy. From lunch on, there's always people there.

Back