Gap / Banana Republic etc now ship to Argentina

syngirl

Registered
Was just browsing online with a friend who wants me to pick up some things for her in Miami next month, and we just got this pop up from the Gap -- not sure if this is new or been around for awhile, but thought might be of interest:
-------------------

Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Piperlime are excited to offer shipping to
Argentina through our partnership with global e-commerce provider FiftyOne.

• International shipping is available at the following US Gap brand sites: gap.com, oldnavy.com, bananarepublic.com, and piperlime.com
  • By placing an international order, you acknowledge that your transaction will be with FiftyOne. Your customer service needs will be handled directly with Gap Inc.
  • Please note: Not all products sold by Gap Inc. can be shipped internationally and order total cannot exceed U.S. $2500. Retail and online prices may vary.
  • If you are shipping to an APO/FPO address, please proceed with U.S. shipping.

It will cost the price of a plane ticket to get that stuff out of Aduana.

Less than 300 bucks and you're fine. -- ie 300 bucks and over yes they'll charge you, but you shouldn't have problems with under -- I've bought clothes online before and they've arrived direct to my place no problem.

The shipping costs were insane when I started to place an order--I cancelled it...

totally right, don't even try unless you want three times the costs of the goods and the shipping to get that out of Customs. A friend just payed 120 to get a 30 dollar shirt!!!

Postmodernchild said:
totally right, don't even try unless you want three times the costs of the goods and the shipping to get that out of Customs. A friend just payed 120 to get a 30 dollar shirt!!!

My parents are planning on sending me a box of things in the next week, including a pair of boots, some t-shirts, some toiletries and a USB key -- all used except for the t-shirts and toiletries. Will I have to pay customs duties on these items? Should I just tell them to hang on to the stuff?

TarHeel - I would not worry. I have had several boxes sent from the US filled with my own clothes, and some toileteries and never had to pay any customs. The large boxes go to the Duana and you have to pick them up, the small light ones go right to my door. Sometimes at the duana/ correo internationale they ask to open the box and see the contents sometimes they don't.

Have also KNOWN people to receive products from companies at their door with no surcharge. I suspect those who have been levied steep fees were probably clearly packaged as goods coming from stores.

TarHeelBluze said:
My parents are planning on sending me a box of things in the next week, including a pair of boots, some t-shirts, some toiletries and a USB key -- all used except for the t-shirts and toiletries. Will I have to pay customs duties on these items? Should I just tell them to hang on to the stuff?

If you want it to get here quicker, I think DHL works better down here than USPS. Don't know what the price difference will be for shipping.
If it's received by Correo Argentino, you're probably going to have to go to the big office in Retiro to pick it it. That's a fun experience...I spent over two and a half hours waiting to pick up my Christmas package (albeit it was a little busier due to Christmas and all).
I hope that all the t-shirts are deep v-necks

Back