Gas Oven - High Temp (?)

Our gas cooker wasn't cheap and the oven doesn't have a temperature control...you have to guess!!

It's taken me ages to get the hang of it but I still find it impossible to get it on a low heat. Seems to be common on cookers here for some reason. :confused:

Our gas cooker wasn't cheap and the oven doesn't have a temperature control...you have to guess!!

It's taken me ages to get the hang of it but I still find it impossible to get it on a low heat. Seems to be common on cookers here for some reason. :confused:

Hot flame pouring heat into an insulated box. If the oven's ventilation to let that heat out was not designed well (highly likely), or due to poor installation or an accumulation of debris has that ventilation obstructed, well you can understand.

This is the reason most ovens (in other countries) have thermostats, the problem is that all modulating gas valves that can be used with a thermostat in a kitchen oven are imported and fairly expensive which restricts them to only the very highest end of ranges.

Hot flame pouring heat into an insulated box. If the oven's ventilation to let that heat out was not designed well (highly likely), or due to poor installation or an accumulation of debris has that ventilation obstructed, well you can understand.

This is the reason most ovens (in other countries) have thermostats, the problem is that all modulating gas valves that can be used with a thermostat in a kitchen oven are imported and fairly expensive which restricts them to only the very highest end of ranges.

Good explanation. In other words we're being ripped off....now isn't that a surprise. :D

Ripped off is putting is mildly. The standards are so poor that common products in everyday use are down right dangerous. We should start a long list just for fun.
The shitty gas powered wall heaters that never exhaust properly.

Finally after 7 years of "suffering" with our pseudo commercial looking gas oven/ stove, we bought a Franke electric oven and separate Franke gas stove top last summer. OMG, it's like living in the 1st world. And, it's beautiful looking.
Nancy

Today I moved the oven to take off the melt panel, and I started smelling gas. Turns out I broke the gas flexi pipe (I didn't tear it from the wall, it just moved from its usual position)
However, it looks like it hadn't been checked in ages. Is there a law that says you (the landlord) has to check the gas pipes every # years?
I am kinda pissed it broke down, now I can't cook! And frankly it was in such a bad shape I think the landlord should pay for that!

This is the metal flex pipe that runs from the wall connector to the stove connector? Hmmm ... depends upon your landlord since it is inside the walls of the house (your responsibility) but is attached to a permanent fixture (landlord's responsibility).

If you replace it yourself (better not...), don't forget to use a "cinta de teflon" on the connector (if applicable)

cinta-de-ptfe-marca-teflon-12-x-20-mts-50-mic-200-u-13166-MLA20072090040_032014-F.jpg

Today I moved the oven to take off the melt panel, and I started smelling gas. Turns out I broke the gas flexi pipe (I didn't tear it from the wall, it just moved from its usual position)
However, it looks like it hadn't been checked in ages. Is there a law that says you (the landlord) has to check the gas pipes every # years?
I am kinda pissed it broke down, now I can't cook! And frankly it was in such a bad shape I think the landlord should pay for that!

Did you break the pipe or the fitting or just disconnect it from the stove? Can you just put it back together? Why didn't you shut off the gas before moving the stove?

Did you break the pipe or the fitting or just disconnect it from the stove? Can you just put it back together? Why didn't you shut off the gas before moving the stove?

Shut of the gas valve before moving the stove? That's not a woman's job...She should have her Boyfriend move it for her instead,
but knowing the Italianas, they always act first then laments to the fact later..

Back