Gay Couple considering Bs As

You have a unique opportunity to "tap that guy for information" as they say in the military "good hunting"

BA sounds like london, but when I was single sex wasn't easy to get either, I think it was just blind luck that led to meeting my partner.

YanquiGallego said:
Gay dating is a pain in the ass in BA. I thought it was just me, but 2 gay friends from the States came last week and complained that it was so hard to actually MEET someone (IE: NOT have a one night stand and never see them again)

I felt a little embarrassed to explain that it´s fairly standard practice in BA to go to a gay club and have 3 guys make out with you at the bar over the course of 1 night, 2 of the 3 tell you that night they love you and want to marry you, and then the next week you dont even know who they are anymore and probably wont see them again, aside for the ackward encounter probably at the same bar.

I understand that this is part of the gay culture in general, however it has been my experience that you can usually find some guys, specifically in some set places of some cities, where the more ¨serious¨ guys go.

I just recently broke up with my long term Argie psychologist partner who I was living with, and have just reentered the ¨scene¨ after not having been out on the town DE AMBIENTE in close to 2 years and have realized how challenging it is. If you want sex, it is easy, VERY easy to find in BA, but if you are indeed looking for something more meaningful, it can be difficult.

On a positive note, I am going out tonight on a 3rd date (quite frankly I am surprised) with an AFIP Tax Audit Banker.

I will be sure to share any inside tips on getting dollars.
You could tell the exact same stories about any major metropolitan city in the western world.

El Queso, Well said! Life in La Provencia is changing.....10 years ago my partner was beaten in Merlo going to the store to buy milk for his Grandmama, ended up in the hospital, blind in his left eye, with a big scar on his face...BY MASKED CHICOS! one of which was we found out later was his best friend! A week later his Mother was shot by chicos saying her son was a puto! My partner is not at all effeminate, but a friend of our's put 2 and 2 together and spread the word. Today his best friend is still his best friend and out of the perverbial "closet"....the moral of this story is that in the past, in provencias, one needed to protect their image, attack others to cover their identies,,,Today, thank God it is different.We visit Merlo almost every weekend, The vecinos know us as a couple,we party together and have no problems. We show them respect and they show us the same.Yes things change......even in Argentina! By the way, today even Merlo has gay clubs.

YanquiGallego said:
I felt a little embarrassed to explain that it´s fairly standard practice in BA to go to a gay club and have 3 guys make out with you at the bar over the course of 1 night, 2 of the 3 tell you that night they love you and want to marry you, and then the next week you dont even know who they are anymore and probably wont see them again, aside for the ackward encounter probably at the same bar.

Replace "gay club" with any old bar/boliche, and this is exactly what I say to straight females new to Buenos Aires. When they are busy telling you how much they want to get to know your soul or whatever, they are probably looking for cheap sex and/or ignoring texts from their significant others wondering where they are. :rolleyes:

Then again, I met my boyfriend outside of a boliche at 2 a.m. when two groups of friends met up. So you never know.

Back