Geckos

Jtee125

Registered
Strange topic for discussion, but I encountered a little gecko wandering in my apartment today which has now taken residence in a houseplant. How rare/common are Geckos in Buenos Aires? It’s the first one I’ve ever seen

I couldn't tell you whether or not they are geckos or not but we occasionally get little lizards about 3" long appear on our walls. We are on the 7th floor. They have never been a problem for us and we just let them be.

Strange topic for discussion, but I encountered a little gecko wandering in my apartment today which has now taken residence in a houseplant. How rare/common are Geckos in Buenos Aires? It’s the first one I’ve ever seen
Yes they are geckos. I have one living in my plants on my balcony. They are indigenous to the area.

I took some photos and let it be, it’s very cute
Awww it is very cute! I saw some in my 1st apt in CABA, but none in the one I live in now.

That being said, I'd love for them to be in my apt, they eat all sorts of bugs including roaches which I've yet to find a building which didn't have some german roaches part of the year.

Looks like you have a new friend keeping you company :)

Awww it is very cute! I saw some in my 1st apt in CABA, but none in the one I live in now.

That being said, I'd love for them to be in my apt, they eat all sorts of bugs including roaches which I've yet to find a building which didn't have some german roaches part of the year.

Looks like you have a new friend keeping you company :)

I’m really hoping they eat mosquitos given the amount of mosquito bites I’ve had lately, my odds of getting dengue must be increasing. In any case, he wasn’t there when I returned. Hopefully he will reappear. Im watching every step I take in the apartment as I’m anxious of accidentally stepping on him

Edit: I’m surprised if they can eat cockroaches, the only one I’ve ever seen here was bigger than the gecko!

Back