Getting a Local Bank Account Without a DNI

Pedro154

Registered
Hi,
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get a local bank account (where I can deposit pesos) without me having a DNI? The goal is to get an Argentine Bank debit card. Unfortunately, every bank seems to need a DNI to open an account, including Mercado Libre Pago. I'm tired of carrying large amounts of peso cash everywhere and trying to find a solution!

Thanks

A few months ago some one said that to open a bank account without a DNI, one must usually speak to the manager.
Explain to the manager, that the law states the bank is required to open the account. The manager likely won`t know
of this, so you need to ask him to check and confirm that it is correct.

bro i tried that, they would not even see me, i had a turno booked & everything, followed all the rules online

It used to be possible for people with a "residencia precaria" and without yet having a DNI to open a bank account at Santander. I was able to do it at ICBC before I got my DNI, but that was with the support of a local company which banked there.

It used to be possible for people with a "residencia precaria" and without yet having a DNI to open a bank account at Santander. I was able to do it at ICBC before I got my DNI, but that was with the support of a local company which banked there.
I too was also able to open my account solely with my passport and my precaria… perhaps things have changed. This was more than nine months ago…

Back