Getting a new 90 day stamp at the airport?

lpbuck09

Registered
My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Iguazu, and it looks like we'll be flying into and out of the Brazilian airport there. Has anyone had any (preferably recent) experience getting a new 90 day stamp when flying into Argentina from Brazil or another country? We haven't overstayed, we did the Colonia run once, and we're planning to leave Argentina within the 90 days after our Iguazu trip.

I did read the recent threads about the new immigration policies--thank you to everyone who posted useful information there. For us, it's not a question of overstaying our visa vs. getting a new stamp. We're going to Brazil anyway, and just want to make sure that the process flying in from another country has been the same historically as coming in through Colonia. I understand that things could change any day, so I'm just wondering about past experiences.

Thanks!

Not sure I understand your question but yes, you will be stamped out when you fly to Brasil (you will go through migraciones at EZE) and then you will receive a new stamp of 90 days when you re-enter Argentina.

not sure of your nationality but I assume you are aware many countries need a visa to enter brazil, something that is NOT done at the border, and must be done prior. I just had a Canadian friend who flew into Rio and was denied entrance, spent the day with "airport security" and returned back to BA.

There were not issues reported about getting a new 90 days I-94 at airports. Regards

There are no direct flights between Foz and Buenos Aires...are you flying back to Buenos AIres via São Paulo or Curitiba?

Maybe you are flying to Foz via MVD with Pluna?

If you havent overstayed you should have no problems coming back into the country at Aeroparque or Ezeiza for that matter.

Won't be a problem at all flying in. but the point about the Brazilain Visa is a very important one to consider if you are North American at least. if you are from the EU, you will be OK, (no Visa Required Ireland & UK at least)

I am aware of the visa requirement. Thanks for the responses! And we are looking at flights with Pluna via Montevideo. Roundtrip for $175 US (not including visa fee, of course).

Just a side note regarding the visa - leave yourself plenty of time to get it. I believe they only see a limited number of applicants per day and now you have to schedule in advance to get in.

Back