Getting around, meeting people in BA

Kevin24

Registered
I'm a student who will be studying Spanish and working as an English teacher in Buenos Aires for the next few months. This is my first time in South America and I've only recently learned conversational Spanish. I will be staying in a hostel and still do not have a place to stay for a long term. (Palermo Soho would be ideal.)

Any suggestions on life for an extranjero in BA, meeting other foreigners, meeting locals, the teaching job, nightlife, gay life, etc. would all be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey Kevin:

Im Carlos, and Ill be moving to Buenos Aires in March 2012. I share the same interests, hopefully we'll get to meet there. I'm also looking for a place where I can stay long term, Ill be living in Argentina for at least 2yrs while I study a masters program. We'll be in touch, see you in South America!

Hey Kevin!

First of all Bienvenido! My name is Analía, I was born in Buenos Aires but I've been living in Finland for a year and a couple of months. Just came back home!

If you want to meet other foreigners, I think you can't miss the Buenos Aires Pub Crawl (www.pubcrawlba.com) and you can always attend a meeting at a bar..check out this web site -> http://www.talktime.com.ar/
About the night life I will suggest Pacha BA, it's a very nice night club (www.pachabuenosaires.com/) by the other hand Niceto is a gay club (www.nicetoclub.com/) and I love it. Though there are lots of good night clubs ;)

So if you need help about the city or anything you can send me an e-mail! Buena suerte amigo!

Back