Getting dollars into Argentina to purchase real estate

Like I said before, I transfer USDs to myself from my bank abroad to my local bank. I never need to use Western Union for any reason.
which bank do you use, SILVIE? could u be pleased to tell the name and sucursal ? thank you so much

which bank do you use, SILVIE? could u be pleased to tell the name and sucursal ? thank you so much
I use Banco Santander. All the branches are the same and have the same policy; I have been transferred to 3 different branches during the last few years. The important issue is that they have a unique central office of Comercio Exterior (COMEX) with whom you can communicate via email and always ask for instructions before doing a transaction.

Has anyone found a simple way of buying house in Argentina with US Dollars ? HSBC has an account that can send US Dollars to HSBC in Argentina has anyone heard of this?

Ill be moving to Argentina and theres so much to learn and I feel like my dog chasing his tail, from marraige to getting my belongs there. :). Looking forward to the change.
You have my sympathies. I spent a year trying to get a marriage license but because I had been truthful on my application, saying that I was divorced I was required to produce many documents from the divorce which occurred in 1988. Finally when I presented all the documents they asked for they told me that I now had to prove that I was married before! I never understood why they would question my statements about being married and divorced previously.
Finally a friend connected me with an Arg embassy in the US. We were married in the US in the morning and immediately took the records to the embassy. By afternoon they had processed our US marriage and given us the Argentine documents recording it.

Yes. If your receiving local bank account is in pesos and dollars, you contact the "oficina of comercio exterior" of your local bank by e-mail and ask for instructions to send a wire transfer from your own bank account abroad in USDs, they walk you through the process. If it is your own account in USDs overseas, they call it a "mirror account", and they allow you to bring those USDs from abroad, which you already own. Of course, there is a commission for the transaction.
Hi Silvie,

Thanks for the info.

Do you know approximately how much commission they charge? and are there limits to the $ transfer level?

Hi Silvie,

Thanks for the info.

Do you know approximately how much commission they charge? and are there limits to the $ transfer level?
Hello. I just made a search on their page, please read the last item on this link with a table with different types of transaction:

When I purchased the apartment in which I had been living for three years, the payment was easy. The seller lived in New Jersey, so I processed a transfer from my Massachusetts account to her New Jersey account before closing day. The seller confirmed the money was in her account at closing. My escribana had the documents prepared and I paid her fee in pesos. The entire transaction took no more than fifteen minutes.

If you are fortunate to find a property owner with a US bank account, the process is simplified.

Hello. I just made a search on their page, please read the last item on this link with a table with different types of transaction:
wow thanks.

The scary bit is that is says VAT must be paid on all amounts at 21%! .. well i think that kills this option.

1678847295459.png

The scary bit is that is says VAT must be paid on all amounts at 21%! .. well i think that kills this option.
VAT is applied to commissions/cost of transfer, not to the principal.

I use Banco Santander. All the branches are the same and have the same policy; I have been transferred to 3 different branches during the last few years. The important issue is that they have a unique central office of Comercio Exterior (COMEX) with whom you can communicate via email and always ask for instructions before doing a transaction.
Could you be so kind to continue please? Did not these transactions influence on your taxes? or IVA? Did not this influence on smth in the future? I am afraid of some hidden future taxes. I am gonna send money from my account from abroad into my account in Argentina, and I got legal papers of selling the property. But still...

Back