getting mobile phone service

amat

Registered
HI All,

Can anybody tell me if a DNI is required to sign up for a monthly service contract for a mobile phone? I'm moving to BA in January. My company is willing to cover a mobile phone + service, but will I even be able to get it?

Thanks for your help!
Amat

amat said:
HI All,

Can anybody tell me if a DNI is required to sign up for a monthly service contract for a mobile phone? I'm moving to BA in January. My company is willing to cover a mobile phone + service, but will I even be able to get it?

Thanks for your help!
Amat

I got a "nonbinding" two year lease with Nextel without a DNI (using my passport), but I did have residencia temporaria (valid for one year) and was waiting for my DNI. A tourist visa is residencia transitoria (valid for 90 days) and would not have been accepted.

If you have a work visa it certainly will help you get more than a "pay as you go" phone which are much more expensive than local lease plans.

I should add that at first I leased two phones. I turned in one of them after about a year and canceled the contract well before the end of the second year without any problem or extra charges.

Back