Getting My Papers

dolcem

Registered
I've been told that in order to get hired (in the white, not under the table), I need to get "papers." But according to all the research I've done, you can't get temporary residence without your employer sponsoring it (or if you fall under one of the other categories, e.g. student, religious, inversionista, etc.). I was told by someone else to get my CUIL, and from what I read on the internet, little was required for it. But when I showed up to their office, they told me I needed a precaria, which from what I understand is the same as temporary residence. Can someone set me straight?

I've been told that in order to get hired (in the white, not under the table), I need to get "papers." But according to all the research I've done, you can't get temporary residence without your employer sponsoring it (or if you fall under one of the other categories, e.g. student, religious, inversionista, etc.). I was told by someone else to get my CUIL, and from what I read on the internet, little was required for it. But when I showed up to their office, they told me I needed a precaria, which from what I understand is the same as temporary residence. Can someone set me straight?
This thread explains everthing very clearly, good luck:

http://baexpats.org/topic/29534-immigration-for-dummies/

Yeah, you can't get a CUIL without residency (the precaria is a temporay, temporary residency while the actual process is being taken care of).

Other than that, the thread does explain what you need to do to get residency.

The problem with getting residency is fitting into one of the residency categories. One category you left out was marriage to a MERCOSUR citizen who has residency here, or who is a citizen of Argentina.

Back