Getting My Papers Ready For Permanent Residency - A Recap

Girino

Registered
I am going to migraciones on Halloween to apply for permanent residency through marriage. Can somebody please help me recap/spot missing stuff?

1) Booked appointment to Migraciones
2) Certificato de Antecedentes Penales Argentino dated 09/30
3) Criminal record from my home country + Apostille, translated by a traductor publico, with legalized signature, dated 03/27 (I have entered Argentina on 05/07 and never left)
4) Partida de matrimonio
5) My Italian multi-lingual birth certificate with Apostille (note: the apostille is in Italian, but the certificate is multilingual)
6) A paper bill from my health insurance showing my Argentinian address (at my local Registro civil they won't give me domicile if I don't apply for residency first - ?!)
7) My passport (currently, I overstayed my 90 days VISA, which expired on 09/27).
8) Passport-style photos

And now, the questions:

1) What copies should I make of the above mentioned documents?
2) If should make copies of my passport, what pages should I copy? Just the ones with my data and the last entry stamp?
3) Am I ok with my health insurance bill showing my address, and no certificate of domicile?
4) Should I expect to pay the overstay fee, as well?
5) At migraciones do they take a photo on the fly for your DNI? Or will they use the pictures I am bringing with me?
6) Should I make copies of my husband's DNI?
7) My husband has an Argentinian residency address different than mine, could this be a problem?
8) In my marriage certificate it reads that I am "ama de casa", will they require to show some proof of supporting funds from my husband?

Thanks!

don't worry about the overstay, they don't care. once you leave that day you will be on the way to resident and overstay is out of the picture forever. make copies in black and white. they hate color copies and will send you down the hall for lousy blk and wh copies.

Make a copy of every page in your passport, I know of people who had to make a new appointment and come back to present all the pages. Might not be necessary, but sometimes (seemingly dependent on whether the person who meets you is having a bad day or not) it can be.

Certificado de Domicilio issued by the local Comisaria...?? with copies. Mandatory

The comisaria does no longer take care of domicile request. They are dealt with at the registro civil.
I went to the registro civil in San Isidro and they said I had no right to ask for domicile here on a tourist visa!

1) Make two sets of copies, one for your records and one for them.

2) just the ones with my data and the last entry stamp? You need a copy of your entire passport, including blank pages.

3) Maybe yes, maybe no. I've never gotten a cert de domicilio from the registro civil, only from my local police precinct and you definitely do not need residency for that.

4) No, you will not.

5) They'll be using the pics you bring with you, so make sure they've got a white background and that you like them! :)

6) Should I make copies of my husband's DNI? Yes.

7) this is in his DNI or elsewhere? Could be a problem but most likely not.

8) nope, not a problem.

7) this is in his DNI or elsewhere? Could be a problem but most likely not.

Yes, it is in his DNI, as well as on our marriage certificate. He has his domicile at his father's, since that's a more permanent address than ours (meaning that we are likely to change home in a couple of years).

I am starting a similar process and wondered if there is an official guideline about how old an apoostilled document can be?
I have older ones used for marriage, do they expire?

Thanks!

Everything that Kettle said was exactly our experience two years ago. We also brought the person that allowed us permanent residency (our 3 month old baby).

I would be a bit concerned about having just your health insurance bill. They may be quite strict about it being phone, gas, electric, maybe cable. We used a declaracion jurada de domicilio (here in Cordoba). We went to the local comisaria with two neighbors as testigos (witnesses) that we lived where we said and received on the spot. Migraciones said the certifcado de domicilio and the declaracion jurada de domicilio were the same for their purposes.

Copies of everything in duplicate for sure. As strange as it seems...every single page of the passport. Make sure the copy person doesn't miss any. Every person next to us had to run to corner copy shop for missing copies of something during our appt. We had everything (for three of us). Find a good copy place...a kiosko with a random copy machine might not be the most efficient.

We also had the Apostilles translated. Not sure how much trouble they will give you for that.

Suerte!

I don't know what nacionality passport you have, but in Sweden we have a different passport number to identification number. That means that we will have a new passport number for every passport. So I had to get a list of all my old passport numbers as well. Luckily I still have family in Sweden so that didn't turn out to be impossible at least.

Check that you passport number is the same as your identification number in your birth certificate.

Back