Getting Paid in B.A.

rosily814

Registered
Hello,
I am hoping to work as an independent contractor for a media company based in the UK. They've said that in order to pay me, they'll need a factura, or some evidence that I have legal permission to work in Argentina. Does anyone know how to apply to work as an independent contractor for foreign companies in Argentina? The company suggested they direct payments to the account of an Argentine who is authorized to work here, but that seems like an incredibly bad idea to me. Suggestions? Thanks!

The company that is paying you is in the UK or here? Why would a UK company care about your Argentina work status?

Seems fishy to me. Who are they, the Argentina police?

el_expatriado said:
The company that is paying you is in the UK or here? Why would a UK company care about your Argentina work status?

Seems fishy to me. Who are they, the Argentina police?

Maybe they need to satisfy the UK tax authorities or their internal auditor that the employee is in fact non resident in the UK and therefore not liable to UK taxes.

solerboy said:
Maybe they need to satisfy the UK tax authorities or their internal auditor that the employee is in fact non resident in the UK and therefore not liable to UK taxes.

Shouldn't an int'l wire transfer satisfy that. And the fact that it is a service being provided outside the country?

Now, if you are paying a waiter by int'l wire transfer and not withholding social security, that would probably raise some red flags.

Yes, I imagine they don't want to have to pay UK taxes on me. But does anyone know how to get a temporary worker visa here?

solerboy said:

Here is the link ... with HM Revenue and Customs in relation to social security - Argentina isnt listed as being an agreement country with UK but there is contact information

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nic/work/ss-agree.htm

In the last couple of UK budgets some may recall there has been other stuff too in relation to taxation of off-shore earnings

Back