Getting residence in Uruguay

Granadaiscool

Registered
I am thinking about getting my residence in Uruguay as Uruguay does not tax on worldwide income.
Does anybody have experience with this?
What are the risks?
What are the requirements to get residence in Uruguay?
Can you live outside of Uruguay?
Do you have to live more than 168 days outside of your home country?
Do you have to rent or buy a place to live in Uruguay?

Check http://www.sociedadsouthron.net/ - there's tons of info on it there. From what I understand though, it's pretty easy. I think you DO have to live in UY for a couple years before you can get a passport, but once you have it, you can live outside. You don't have to buy a place in UY you may have to rent. I know this isn't much help, but check the link :)

"Granadaiscool" said:
I am thinking about getting my residence in Uruguay as Uruguay does not tax on worldwide income.
What are the risks?

"marcus" said:
Check http://www.sociedadsouthron.net/ - there's tons of info on it there.
From what I understand though, it's pretty easy. I think you DO have to live in UY for a couple years before you can get a passport, but once you have it, you can live outside. You don't have to buy a place in UY you may have to rent. I know this isn't much help, but check the link :)
What are the risks?

You have been helpfull.
I know someone from Germany who does the same for the same reasons and he does not have to live in Uruguay. He does however live 168 days a year outside of Germany

To have advice in the procedures of obtain the uruguaian residence, look at www.uruguayresidence.blogspot.com or contact at [email protected]

We provide all the information required for obtaining permanent residence in Uruguay, whether by study, retirement or business. So we help in the liberalization of paperwork before the official organimso migration.

Back