Permanent residence interview after marriage

jiujitsusa

Registered
Hello,
My Argentine spouse and I have our interview for permanent residency this Wednesday. Should we bring wedding photos, ect? The email only states to bring your spouse.
I paid the expedited fee. The process from submitting paperwork online, showing up for the scanning of all documents, to the in person interview has been 4 weeks.
Hopefully citizenship will be a quick process 😅

We did this a couple months ago, but our interview was conducted over zoom.

We showed our ID's at the beginning of the appointment, but that was all. The woman who conducted the interview asked if we had traveled internationally together (apparently this is something they can verify with migraciones and domestic travel doesn't really count). We also mentioned our new rental contract which has both of our names on it so we emailed her a pdf of that after the meeting.

Good luck!

Did you have to send the documents over to her before the final decision? Just wondering how long the approval should be.
Thank you for the response!

Are interviews a common thing? Maybe because I was a temporary resident before, but when I moved back here and applied for my permanent residency based on marriage to my Argentine husband they didn't even talk to him, ask for pics, nothing, just our marriage license from CABA when I was at the appointment in Retiro

Are interviews a common thing? Maybe because I was a temporary resident before, but when I moved back here and applied for my permanent residency based on marriage to my Argentine husband they didn't even talk to him, ask for pics, nothing, just our marriage license from CABA when I was at the appointment in Retiro
I needed to give additional info.. such as how much money my husband makes, his job, the number of rooms in our house, when we met, how long we have been together, etc… and then we both had to sign a document. This was last year and for permanent residence. We were both a bit surprised, and this was at the very end of the process. They ( Migraciónes) said that I was approved for permanent residence, but that I needed this last step. We don’t live in BsAs.

Thanks for the responses. We attended our interview, I was told my DNI will be sent in the mail, and my PR is approved. My case was done in Moreno BA.
They took my wife in first. Asked her a series of questions. Then called me in alone, and asked me the same. Basic questions you should know about someone after a few months.
Hopefully DNI will arrive soon. Plan on immediately applying for citizenship.

Thanks for the responses. We attended our interview, I was told my DNI will be sent in the mail, and my PR is approved. My case was done in Moreno BA.
They took my wife in first. Asked her a series of questions. Then called me in alone, and asked me the same. Basic questions you should know about someone after a few months.
Hopefully DNI will arrive soon. Plan on immediately applying for citizenship.
Good to hear that. Can you please be so kind to list few of questions which you were asked during the interview. And how long does interview last.

Thanks

Good to hear that. Can you please be so kind to list few of questions which you were asked during the interview. And how long does interview last.

Thanks
Sure
When we met and how. Short and long term goals we have together. Her birthdate. Questions about the house we live in, where is this room, what do you see when you first walk in ect. Also about her family, how many brothers sisters, do you socialize with them, what are their names. And of course her grown kids and mine.
They took her in the room first, and me after. I would say total time there was 30 minutes. He did let me know we passed before leaving the building. Hope that helps....

I didn't do any interview to get my permanent residency, this must be a new requirement. I just submitted the documentation in RADEX when the time came to apply for permanency. Is this a new requirement?

Back