Getting to EZE airport

Moonwitch

Registered
On Saturday my friend is arriving at EZE airport. I would like to go and pick him up, but I can't afford a return taxi. Is there some type of airport bus that goes there? Has anybody tried it and is it worth the peso pinching?

Moonwitch said:
On Saturday my friend is arriving at EZE airport. I would like to go and pick him up, but I can't afford a return taxi. Is there some type of airport bus that goes there? Has anybody tried it and is it worth the peso pinching?

The 86 colectivo, if I remember correctly. You can take the Subte to Primera Junta on Line A, and the stop is right on Rivadavia.

www.comoviajo.com

I've taken the 86 colectivo to the airport (although now they have changed it's number - not sure what it is) it's fine - about 3 peso but takes 1 1/2 - 2 hours depending on the time of day. You could try Manuel Tienda Leon (at Retiro) is a bus service direct to the airport - I think it's 40 pesos now. But when you return, for the 2 of you is probably the same price to negotiate a taxi. And yes, I know, it's expensive!

Now its just # 8. I've taken it on various occasions and its not bad.

Taked Manuel Tienda Leon. The bus goes through bad areas.

The bus goes through bad areas

True (Ciudad Evita...) And what? This is real Greater Buenos Airesafter all

This company provides transport for people working at the aduana going from the centre to the airport every 15 minutes from 8.30 to 18.30. Excellent and friendly service with lovely air conditioning and only costs $14 pesos. Anyone can use it. They have minibuses parked on Ave Belgrano and the corner of Colon (facing the Aduana building) and take about 20 minutes to get there. I use them every time I go to pick someone up from the airport and even when I'm travelling myself - they have no problems with someone turning up with a big bag.

http://www.minibusezeiza.com.ar/transporte-de-pasajeros.php

GreenLeaf said:
This company provides transport for people working at the aduana going from the centre to the airport every 15 minutes from 8.30 to 18.30. Excellent and friendly service with lovely air conditioning and only costs $14 pesos. Anyone can use it. They have minibuses parked on Ave Belgrano and the corner of Colon (facing the Aduana building) and take about 20 minutes to get there. I use them every time I go to pick someone up from the airport and even when I'm travelling myself - they have no problems with someone turning up with a big bag.

http://www.minibusezeiza.com.ar/transporte-de-pasajeros.php

Oh that is very good, shame it doesn´t run on a Saturday! I shall remember that for the future.

Not as cheap as either the No 8 bus nor minibusezeiza.com but it might be worth enquiring whether your local remise company has any special deals. Last time I used the one near Devoto station, they were charging AR$75 one-way to Ezeiza with a free return and AR$40 per hour waiting time. Ask your local company, do the sums and see if it might work out better or cheaper for you and your friend.

Back