Getting to U2 - ideas?

Hylton

Registered
We're beginning to think about how to get to/fro the U2 concert on March 30th. Any brilliant ideas other than take the bus/train from Retiro? Relatively ignorant about options... carpool/taxipool anyone? Suggestions welcome, thanks.

I don't think there are many more options really... A carpool would be great. If you can't get one arranged, I think a minibus/van service would be your best option. Google for concert trips. If you take a bus from Retiro, make sure it's a non-stop bus (the one that takes the BA-La Plata highway). If you choose the train, and if it's in the same condition I remember... may the Force be with you.

Muse and U2, no less... enjoy it! :)

Forget the train, unless you are a seasoned Argentine. The bus station in La Plata is also a bit closer to the stadium than the train station.

I think the main issue will be to come back to Buenos Aires. Carpooling will be a good option.

FYI: As you may know, La Plata was designed to be a city before the beggining of the construction projects. It is a perfect grid, so you will be thinking, it is very easy to move around town then but, it has diagonals.... and many people get lost at diagonals. Diagonals are specially at the center of the city, I dont think there are many near the stadium.

The signs on the roads to get into and out of the highway are good... and you will be into traffice jumps anyway.

What about a remis? I think I saw some place around 140 pesos from Capital to La Plata. Getting away from the stadium afterwards is what will be the challenge -- it's not walking distance to centro or much of anything else.

To get to the stadium is super easy. At the end of the autopista, take Av 32 from the roundabout and follow it about 5km until you see a big white stadium!

Any idea on when you 'd have to leave here to be in time? Ruta 2 is usually very crowded in the evening until Hudson, I never drove further to La Plata... I suppose there will be A LOT of people going there!

katti said:
Any idea on when you 'd have to leave here to be in time? Ruta 2 is usually very crowded in the evening until Hudson, I never drove further to La Plata... I suppose there will be A LOT of people going there!

After the Mar del Plata turnoff (right after Peaje Hudson) the traffic usually thins out a lot.

I think it will take at worst about 2 hours in fairly heavy traffic to get from somewhere like Belgrano to Estadio Unico. It's about 70km. If you left 2.5 hours before the time you wanted to be here, you'd be safe.

We're going there with friends on the 30th. Staying the night in La Plata as well. We haven't decided yet if we are going via bus from Retiro, or taking a Manuel Tienda Leon bus from aeroparque.

Following up: anyone interested in our two tickets? We ponied up for some of the better seats at - 2760.00. Will sell them at cost to anyone interested. PM me if interested.

Thanks

Back