Getting US Prescription Medicine Shipped to Buenos Aires

I arrived in Buenos Aires a little more than two weeks ago and am renting an apartment for three months while I apply for residency. I have a friend in New York City, where I moved from, who picked up an essential and very expensive prescription medication from my pharmacy in NYC (where the cost is covered by my insurance). Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the small plastic bottle of 30 pills sent to Buenos Aires. I have seen comments on various sites saying that isn't possible. Can I have my friend send it through UPS? How likely is it that an Argentine customs worker acrtually would take the time to open that tiny package and reject it (it will include a copy of my prescription)? Are there other options?
If you do try to send it, let us know how it worked out, please.

For what it's worth, my local pharmacy never requires a prescription for my heart and lung meds, nor for antibiotics like azithromycin. Having a doctor's prescription saves money on the cost, due to my private health insurance, but if you only need 30 tabs it might be simpler just to buy them here.

Back