Getting Work In Ba

Who is your TEFL advisor? Are they Argentine or have they lived here for a considerable amount of time? If not, how would they know...

That is precisely why I asked for advice from you guys. "..but I want someone with experience's opinion." is exactly what I said.

If you've brought down a wad of dollars large enough to take care of that, your teaching salary (around AR4000 per month with a full schedule) will be sufficient to cover living expenses.

You don't make ARS 4000 with a full schedule. That is what you make teaching around 80 hours per month, i.e. 20 hours per week. That is a part-time job. Most expats I know who do teaching do part-time and then they have another job in a different field, also part-time.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site and have found this thread very helpful. I am in a similar situation as Katie, except for that I do have an advanced (not fluent) level of Spanish. I have some teaching experience tutoring ESL to kids and teaching adults. I am graduating college in May and don't want to wait until February or March to start my life abroad.

If I arrive in early July, is it likely I would be able to find a job? I am also hoping to get another job working in a restaurant or something so I can work on my Spanish more. I spent some time in Chile in January, but from what I hear I think I might like Argentina more! I'm hoping to take a few weeks of Spanish classes just to get my footing when I arrive, but would also be looking for work at the same time.

Thanks so much! I'm so happy that I have found this site, it seems like a wonderful resource and full of great people!

-Laura

Back