Ginger beer.

Bruce,

I've read on your company website that you are the man to email about getting Barritts in unusual locations.
Down here in Buenos Aires a forum thread has started on the subject among some of us expats.
(http://baexpats.org/food-drink/20886-ginger-beer.html)

I spent the first half of March on Elbow Cay and much of your product was consumed, along with Goslings, in "Hope Town Volunteer Fire Rescue" Tervis Tumblers.
I am getting reminiscent, I know... Just wondering what it would take to get a couple of cases down to us here in Argentina?
Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Stafford

Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Dear Stafford,

Thanks for your e mail and for the insight into the global reach of our brand!!

I think the only way to handle a shipment to Argentina would be for our American distributor to quote on cases of cans going by courier or air freight. From experience I know that the freight cost alone will be around $100+ per case….how much are you willing to spend?

Regards,
Bruce Barritt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
Completely understandable about the shipping costs, which are out of your control.
I think we're not quite willing to spend so much. It was more of a lark.

I don't want to waste any more of your time with it.

I'll wait until next time I'm in the US or Caribbean and enjoy there.
Maybe I'll bring back a few cans for thirsty people in Buenos Aires so they can have a taste.

It is quite good!
Thanks again for your response.

best,
Stafford

Hi!

I created an user name just to comment on this post.

Being an Argentinean and not being able to travel abroad i allways wondered about Ginger Beer. I'm really good at hombrewing stuff so i look on-line recipies and found a lot, but this particular recipie was the onlyone that i really liked.

The first reason that i liked it was because it makes a small amount (4 lts).
Second, because it only uses water, ginger root and sugar. Nothing fancy or imposible to buy.
And third, because you can do it with stuff you find at home, like a big cooking pot, a bucket and plastic bottles.

I took the liberty to modify the recipie a little bit to personal preferences (for example, i burnt the sugar to get an amber-caramel color, added 2 sultanas at the beggining to speed up the start)

(and here is the big) BUT as i never tried the actual beer, i don't know if the one i made resembles the original. I liked it thou.

Thanks for sharing. That looks like a good recipe, but my god how tedious! I don't know if I'd have the patience. Sounds worth it though, right?

Back