Gold-plated chicken nuggets...

To be honest, its a little worrying how Iceland can sell a giant bag of nuggets for a pound and still turn a profit.

Those nuggets are made of chickens, which need to be bred, fed, watered, housed, medicated, slaughtered, processed, frozen and packaged before they are transported to Iceland, where they then need to be stored, marketed and sold.

Difficult to say whether processed food is expensive in Argentina, or simply worryingly cheap elsewhere.

Some people think that we have to have priorities and choose our fights. I don't think we need to choose. We can act on our convictions every day (at minimum whith our wallets) with respect for others who are walking the road at a different speed. I also believe we should not waste time on those who are blind by convenience of the status quo. For the ones that care to know more:
http://www.cafothebook.org/howitshouldbe.htm

jp said:
To be honest, its a little worrying how Iceland can sell a giant bag of nuggets for a pound and still turn a profit.

Those nuggets are made of chickens, which need to be bred, fed, watered, housed, medicated, slaughtered, processed, frozen and packaged before they are transported to Iceland, where they then need to be stored, marketed and sold.

Difficult to say whether processed food is expensive in Argentina, or simply worryingly cheap elsewhere.

There is actually very little chicken in a nugget... Bits of gristle and feather and water in ammonia, it appears (http://gizmodo.com/5654066/chicken-nuggets-are-made-from-this-pink-chicken-goop). That's how Iceland swings a profit.
I've noticed over the past few days (2 weeks max) that all food (processed and otherwise but especially pre-packaged stuff) has gone up (I'd say by around 15% at least). Has anyone else noticed? I was in the chino today looking at bags of chips and now a medium bag of doritos (which was 6 last month) is 8...this is across the board. Even the crappy Kratchitos-type ones have almost doubled in price since last year. That's almost twice the price of a same-size bag of good old british Monster Munch!

Back