Good Butcher and Granja Near Hollywood?

jb5

Registered
Looking for the best places to buy meat near Palermo Hollywood. Willing to travel for the great.

If you do ever find a good butcher in Palermo Hollywood, please let us know, I have been looking for one too. So far the one on Humboldt and Santa Fe has been OK.

Also if anyone knows of a place where I can get other meats please let me know, I really miss things like Goat, Kid, Mutton, Lamb.

razal said:
Piaf is awesome, in Hollywood, on Dorrego y Cabrera. It's where a lot of the celeb chefs get their meat. Right nearby is Bubi's, a German fiamberia y queseria that is wonderful also.

Planeta Joy did a write up of the best carnicerias a while back too: http://www.planetajoy.com/?Conoce_las_10_mejores_carnicerias_de_Buenos_Aires&page=ampliada&id=1327#

This would be on Dorrego between Honduras y Gorriti (almost to Gorriti) because Bubis is about Dorrego 1835-ish. (Left side of the street going with traffic.)

I've heard good things about it and I've seen guys pulling out their meat in the morning in front of this place.

I had a friend who used to live around the corner from here a bit on Honduras between ~Ravignani & Arevalo (mas o menos) and they had a butcher they really liked right across the street. It was on the right side of the street as you were going with traffic. Perhaps I would start at Carranza and just stay on the right hand side of the street looking in the windows.

Reactions: jb5
Did a little googling and came up with this:

La Granjita De Honduras
Honduras 5883 (b/n Carranza & Ravignani... almost to Ravignani)
011 4777-6144 ‎

Alvarez Miguel A
Arévalo 1481 (b/n Cabrera & Niceto Vega)
011 4776-2570 ‎

CabaÑa Santa Julia Srl
Avenida Dorrego 1661 (b/n Cabrera & Niceto Vega)
011 4771-9610 ‎

SIDE NOTE: Bubi is listed as being Av. Dorrego 1825 (b/n Honduras & Gorriti), but there isn't a carniceria listed as being right next to them. There is a place on the corner of Gorriti that I think sells some meat, but it's not registering.

Reactions: jb5
in the other link, the address for Piaf is given as Dorrego 1705.

Napoleon said:
SIDE NOTE: Bubi is listed as being Av. Dorrego 1825 (b/n Honduras & Gorriti), but there isn't a carniceria listed as being right next to them. There is a place on the corner of Gorriti that I think sells some meat, but it's not registering.

Ries said:
in the other link, the address for Piaf is given as Dorrego 1705.

I could be mis-remembering the place on the corner of Gorriti and really it was one block more (Cabrera) and therefore the Dorrego 1705 would make sense. But wasn't that just for "Best Milanesas"?

Either way, there's beef to be bought in Palermo Hollywood.

Not sure if it would be too far for you or not, but El Rosarino en el Mercado de Belgrano (Juramento y Ciudad de La Paz one block from Cabildo) is spectacular, HONEST, and delivers. I live in Recoleta and make the trip over once a week and then have them deliver once at the end of the week for the weekend.

p.s. The Mercado de Belgrano also has 2 great granjas for poultry (Ernesto's is the best for a turkey at Thanksgiving if you are interested), a shop that specializes in all things pork, a shop that deals with more exotic meats like jabali, and then two other regular butchers who are very good and carry a variety.

Back