good hairdresser

username

Registered
Hello,

I got a haircut 3 weeks ago, and I'm not very satisfied so this time I would like to go to a good hairdresser. A saloon which is well recognized and where they speak English. I can pay up to 200 pesos and I'm a guy (guys sometimes get cheaper haircuts then girls). I would really appreciate any tips you can give me.

Cheers!

it all depends where you are from...most US people are quite traditional for Argentines, therefore you would not enjoy the cut. If you are from Western Europe or Canada a more trendy look will make you happy. As an Argentine born, don't let the price make you think it is a better cut..that is totally a foreign misperception

best
M

Thanks! Well, I'm European so a trendy look is better :p. Are there any famous/popular hairdresser saloons in BA (such as Toni and Guy in Europe)?

Nefertiti said:
it all depends where you are from...most US people are quite traditional for Argentines, therefore you would not enjoy the cut. If you are from Western Europe or Canada a more trendy look will make you happy. As an Argentine born, don't let the price make you think it is a better cut..that is totally a foreign misperception

best
M

Hi
Try to contact Terrie Orr she is in this forum as bahairdresser, she is excellent I have to go and see her in not so long , I went 3 times and this will be my fourth time and I definitely recommend her she is highly professional, go to her without worries.
all the best
Reina

Terrie is in Ireland until September 10th I have just received her email.

If want a ´European´ salon experience Roho is very good. I have had some brilliant hair cuts there. Bit pricey but worth it.

Dig around a bit on the forums and you'll find that this is a common problem, and there are a few recommended salons or freelances hairdressers around. Good luck!

I strongly recommend Ryan, aCanadian hairdresser here who works out of his apartment in Recoleta. I know lots of people who go to him and everyone raves about him. We all love Ryan!
Here's his no. 15 3050 2076 and email is [email protected]
Good luck!

I would recommend Ryan too, he does hair for both sexes and I havent been anywhere else in Buenos Aires since finding him a few years ago after a few first year disasters at various salons here.

Hi people!
..i understand this is quite a common "problem".
I am a hairstylist from Sweden/USA that has worked as a hairstylist for the past 10 years in Stockholm. I do 'house-visits' here in Buenos Aires cutting hair.
If interested send me an e-mail!
[email protected] or check my site at www.bahair.blogspot.com

Hey all - I had a disastrous first episode with an Argentine hair dresser and my fringe. I went to Ryan last week and can't say enough good things about him - my hair looks great. Don't be sketched out by the whole going to an apartment / house thing - I was prior to going but once I got there it was great. Ryan is friendly, professional and incredibly skilled! Go get your hair cut.

Back