Good Hummus

Another option that is a bit more central is on the corner of Malabia and either Cabrera or Niceto Vega (sorry I forget the exact intersection).

I particularly prefer the one that has roasted red peppers blended in!

I make my own hummus: organic garbanzos soaked and cooked, olive oil, lots of garlic, lemon for acidic balance, spoonful of tahini, salt.

I sell a Dahi sized yogurt jar for $15, if anyone is interested.

I also sell peanut butter: Organic peanuts (roasted), salt and splash of girasol oil. Same price, $15.

PM me if you're interested in placing an order.

palermogirl said:
I make my own hummus: organic garbanzos soaked and cooked, olive oil, lots of garlic, lemon for acidic balance, spoonful of tahini, salt.

I sell a Dahi sized yogurt jar for $15, if anyone is interested.

I also sell peanut butter: Organic peanuts (roasted), salt and splash of girasol oil. Same price, $15.

PM me if you're interested in placing an order.

Have you found a quick and easy way to peel the chick peas? I make hummus all the time, but that's the part that I hate most.

Lots of tahini!

mini said:
Have you found a quick and easy way to peel the chick peas? I make hummus all the time, but that's the part that I hate most.

If she told you, then you wouldn't buy her product! ;)

Sounds yummy though, I'm hungry!

Napoleon said:
If she told you, then you wouldn't buy her product! ;)

Sounds yummy though, I'm hungry!

Oh, if she did peel them I would buy her product! It's the most time consuming part of making hummus.

We make with the cans and its awesome! Have tried with dries hummus that you leave over night in a pot with water and it was not a big difference.
With the canned ones you get it done in under 5 minutes.
Lots of garlic and we also add parsley, paprika, olive oil, lemon and of course Tahini which I have from Israel (1kg of it still left)

I make my own tahini.......

250 gr Sesame seeds (raw)
100 ml +/- Olive or sunflower seed oil
100 ml +/- Water
1 cucharada Salt

Dry roast sesame seeds in a hot frying pan LIGHTLY for about 3 mins (don't let them get brown)
Put sesame seeds in blender with water, oil and salt and blend little by little until smooth add more oil or water if necessary to achieve desired consistency

Enjoy.......

Peeling them all is almost impossible. The trick is boiling them with baking soda mixed in the water. The baking soda (bicarbonato) breaks down the skins surrounding the garbanzos. If you boil them long enough, they will start to float up/melt off the garbanzos. Once this starts to happen, you just run water into the pot, allowing the skins to float up. Then you just simply allow them to run out into the sink.

Hummus made from cooked garbanzos is 100x more delicious than using canned beans. I recommend the "Ramoneda" (uncooked) garbanzos, which pretty much any Chinese supermarket tends to have.

Back