Good language school in Buenos Aires - recommandations?

Tom in Argentina

Registered
Hey,
I just moved to Argentina like 1 month ago. After my travels, I would really like to settle in Buenos Aires and find a job. Unfortunately my Spanish is not that great in the moment. So I would like to pimp it up. Anyone knows a nice language school? I live in Palermo and it would be great finding something near. Plus: It shouldn't be so expensive. :)

Any recommendation?

Thanx

Tom

I was researching the same thing about a month ago, and the best, cheapest school I found was CODE in Recoleta. The only drawback is that they are small and may not have a group at your level right away. Still, there are some good links here on baexpats that list a ton of language schools in BA. I just found that many of them were very expensive! Good luck.

Hey folks,

I am in the same boat... Am in BA for a couple of months and was looking for an immersion course or the like as I would love to get a grip on this language. So Tom if you receive any other private replies - pleazse do let me know.

Mmoon - I just joined this group-- you mention there are tons of links on the baexpats.. think I am still figuring out the site nav... if you;re online - any chance you could point it out to me...

gracias

Hi, my wife and I were in the same boat a few months back and we spend a fair bit of time looking around. I found these guys recommended on this forum and it's by far the best Spanish instruction I've had - small school, two female teachers www.spanishclassbuenosaires.com

Hola Tom y Ruchira,
I moved to Buenos Aires 6 months ago and I found an awesome language school, right in Palermo, where you live, Tom - by the way: Nice area! I have been studying Spanish here for 6 months (with interruptions) and made it from the first to the last level. Therefore I really know the school and can recommend it. It is neither a mass-school, nor so little that there are not even classes posible in every level. The atmosphere is very familiar (always like 40 people in total - avarage class: 3-4 persons). And I could change my course types, how I needed them im the moment (group, private or a combination). My Spanish improved very fast although classes are not only grammer, but a lot of fun (movies, songs, roleplay and so on).
And the best thing: It is one of the cheapest schools I found during my research! And they make you a special price if you stay for longer.
www.danielawasser.com.ar
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1050187589#!/dws01?ref=ts

I hope I could help you
Besos
Eva

Hey Guys, thanks so much for the recoemmendations! I just realised that I have to go bac to the forum posts to see the responses. Spent all day researching schools today and decided to try out http://www.espanol-andando.com for a week of intensive study.

Laureltp - your reco seems great - but their intensive classes start in July (i will be leaving then)

Tomo/ Eva - mia -i htink I might check out the schools you guys recommended after my first week with espanol andando..
However, I just have 4-5 weeks in BA that I know I can dedicate to learning the language - is Daniel Wasser/spanishclass buenosaires worth that timeframe? will they help me advance through to the higher levels quickly (if I put in the effort?)
cheers
Ruchira

Hey Ruchira,

My wife and I did two hours a day (private lessons - each with a different teacher) for five weeks with spanishclass buenosaires and we have both seen a huge improvement in both our language comprehension and speaking ability. My teacher is a trained neuro linguist - she knows her stuff, and speaks English fluently if you need to clarify anything, I reckon it'd be worth your time to meet them.

Good Luck,

Hey Ruchira,
the same here.
I did 4 weeks in a row (4 hours of group classes per day) and I progressed a lot. Especially the talking (that normally causes most problems...) developed really great. And of course teachers at DWS speak English too, but actually they always try to speak in Spanish to you - which in my opinion helps you a lot progressing as well, cause you have to start thinking completely in Spanish... :)
I would definately visit it, have a look at the school, the teachers, talk to other students and see if you like it. Every tuesday at 11 AM there is a breakfast, which is a nice opportunity to meet and talk to people.
However if you book a course for 3 weeks or more you also get a discount of I think 10% on the course price.

I hope I could help you here!

Besos

Eva

muchas gracias senor y senora!

I will definitely check them out and hopefully be babbling reasonably in spanish at the end of the next few weeks.... :)

Back