Good massage (fysiotherapy)

I know a kinesiologist who offers therapeutic massage in his studio. He is my Power Plate instructor...haven't had a massage by him, because I don't need sth therapeutic. But the short siatsu session he gives me after each class is really good. He also works at the Hospital de Clinicas on rehabilitation, so he's no fake.

His name is Gabriel Wakita, he'll be back from holidays on Feb 2nd. His studio is on Paraguay 523, 1 C, www.suizen.com.ar He is Argentine-Japanese, I believe he speaks English (I speak Spanish with him).

Otherwise, for sth less expert, like the usual relaxation massage, there is this girl I've tried a few times, she's good, charges 70 pesos for a session that lasts over an hour and she comes to your place with her massage bench and all. Irene, 15 5602 5574...don't know her holiday schedule. She's young and a student, so she should speak English.

From what I read, you would rather need Gabriel.

Anyway, hope it helps. Good luck.

Cheers
N.

Vilma, if u are interested, I do Shiatsu masagges, is an oriental technique that I learned from my father. My Dad also does and teaches Shiatsu in Palermo. But if u want I normally do it in ur oun house. If not, let me know and I´ll give my fathers address. Shiatsu is a great tipe of massage, it does not hurt and is deep massagge. I totally recomend it for ur neck.
If u´r interested 155-131-3374.
Or book it by e-mail: [email protected]
Bye!

We had some really good deep tissue massages at Aqua Vita Medical Spa in Bario Norte.

I'm hoping to revive this thread to get some up-to-date recommendations for massage therapists. I really need to go for one soon! I'm doing a lot of swing dancing and tango dancing, and I can just feel my muscles crying out for some release. (A real massage, not one of the happy-ending type!)

Any people or places you would recommend? I'm fine with places that require appointments, especially because I'd like to develop an ongoing relationship with someone reliable and knowledgeable. But I'm also looking for a short-term solution to some neck and back pain -so if you can suggest a place that takes walk-ins or makes quick appointments I'd love to know about that, too.

(I've tried contacting Louise via email, but no response yet...)

Being a massage therapist working here in Buenos Aires i´d like to point out that not all of us are trying to swindle our clients. I post my prices (in pesos) and they do not change depending on what language you speak. I do not charge for transportation, set up, conversation, or hand washing before and after the session. You get an hour of Massage if that´s what you paid for. Here is my post here on BAexpats http://baexpats.org/services-offered/6262-professional-californian-deep-tissue-massage-therapy.html which has a description of my modalities and other details. There ARE great therapists in this town. Thanks.

Oh yes! Pleeeeeeeeeeezzz...some suggestions on deep tissue if anyone has them!

I went once to a massage school called Fundación Rio Abierto on Paraguay 4171, looking for progressive folks that understood that massage was for health, not a salon "fluff and buff" as I have heard massage therapists call it. The therapist was ALRIGHT I would say, but a far, far cry from a great deep tissue massage.

I only went once and tried one therapist, so I think I would go back to check it out because it seems to be a super cool place. I tried one of their movement classes, and they are REALLY cool and have you hooting and screaming and releasing and bending. It was like nothing I had ever done before, muy buena onda!

I can strongly recommend Owen who has posted his info here, for massage: http://baexpats.org/services-offered/6262-professional-californian-deep-tissue-massage-therapy.html

I just had a 90 minute massage with him today and it was excellent. He came to my apartment, on time, brought his own comfortable table and was totally professional.

I like a strong massage with good pressure and he used just the right amount - riding that fine line between utter bliss and feeling like you're working a bit to release the tension. He used a combination of long strokes and also some refined pressure point work and I feel fantastic after it.

If I had a third thumb, I'd give him three thumbs up!

S

I rarely recommend people here but I have to say that Owen is an excellent professional and his deep tissue theraphy very good .
I give him the thumbs up

Ditto! Owen is great. I had a massage with him a couple of weeks ago and it was excellent. He is very skilled, professional, and friendly. I highly recommend him!

Back