Good Mechanic

citygirl

Registered
My car needs some repairs (thanks terrible roads) and the dealer is quoting me what I think is absolutely outrageous pricing. Can anyone recommend a good, trust-worthy and reasonable mechanic? It's a VW Bora. I'm in zona oeste but will travel Thanks!

Cant help with the recommendation but on a related note there is a serious shortage of parts for certain models. If you get a good mechanic the next stinger might well be that they cannot source any replacements you need.

If you know what parts you need have a look on mercadolibre to get an idea of prices, that way with a good mechanic you might get a price for labour only if you bring your own parts. I've done that once or twice in Warnes.

Right now my car has 3 tyres of the same type and one very similar to the other 3 as the other tyre cannot be sourced in this country without a minimum of a 3 month wait.

Yeah, I called a bunch of places in warnes and luckily (or not given the cost), they can get the part in 48 hours. I guess given I drive the same model as half the population, they still have stock. Found a mechanic through a friend, now just waiting to hear on the total cost. Sob...there goes my vacation.

My mechanic is good & honest (hard to find both qualities in 1 person).
Only problem is that he's in Del Viso/

Back