Good news for retirees living on Social Security payments...

The current inflation tax we're paying now to pay back all that "free" Covid stimulus money should disabuse anyone of the belief that printing machines pay for anything.
True. And US inflation is now the worst in forty years.

The current inflation tax we're paying now to pay back all that "free" Covid stimulus money should disabuse anyone of the belief that printing machines pay for anything.
it should, but i think many don't understand the effect

I am not aware of any talk of getting rid of Social Security.
There are those in the GOP that are intent on using a refusal to increase the debt ceiling unless there are changes to these programs.
And of course the Orange haired one has been known to say he wants to cut payroll taxes and he still has elected followers.
I do not know if how severe but quotes are provided on this YouTube video. It is a slanted view but the quotes are what they are.
you will have to skip the intro.

There are those in the GOP that are intent on using a refusal to increase the debt ceiling unless there are changes to these programs.
And of course the Orange haired one has been known to say he wants to cut payroll taxes and he still has elected followers.
I do not know if how severe but quotes are provided on this YouTube video. It is a slanted view but the quotes are what they are.
you will have to skip the intro.
Politics. They aren't going to cut Social Security because they know there will be a public rebellion if they do. They can reform it - increase the retirement age, for example. There are probably other changes that can be made to make the fund solvent.

I've always liked Ana, ever since I first discovered TYT back in 2007 or so. Cenk can be kind of a dweeb, but Ana is alright.
TYT overall is more mainstream, pro-establishment than I really like, but still far better than CNN or any such corporate mouthpiece.

Let's see how far this goes.

Let's see how far this goes.
Well of Bernie proposed it, I doubt it will get enough support. I say this as a Bernie fan (and a cynic). More likely we don't see another COLA adjustment for a while and they raise the age a bit. The government did save a chunk by the deaths of so many elderly in the pandemic, and it may surge back this winter. With life spans decreasing, it seems that would do something?

Well of Bernie proposed it, I doubt it will get enough support. I say this as a Bernie fan (and a cynic). More likely we don't see another COLA adjustment for a while and they raise the age a bit. The government did save a chunk by the deaths of so many elderly in the pandemic, and it may surge back this winter. With life spans decreasing, it seems that would do something?
How lovely to know that one's death would serve the convenience of the Military Industrial Complex, and the politicians who have their noses tucked up firmly between the buttcheeks of that MIC. Because it's so very, absolutely necessary that military spending of the USA exceed the combined military budgets of the next 11 top spenders.

"Oh beautiful, for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain,
for purple mountains, majestied, above the fruited plain..."

Back