Good price on getting shirts laundered?

HeyBA

Registered
I've been living in the microcentro and have some collared, long-sleeve shirts I needed to get lavado and and planchado.

The place by my house is pricey. 30 pesos per basket of laundry plus 8 pesos per shirt. I just paid 70 pesos to get five shirts washed and ironed!

Anyone know of anything better? I'd certainly to be willing to take a bus get a better deal.

Nope, any type of drycleaning and laundry service here is very expensive. I used to pay $1.99 per shirt, wash, dry iron on hanger or box. Here it's only for very wealthy people, get permanent press clothes or a nice comfy ironing board and teflon coated iron. Have fun!

There is a place in palermo on guemes between armenia and gurruchaga.

I am not sure how much a wash costs (maybe 15-20 pesos, I think) but to iron shirts it is 3.50 per shirt.

20 blocks up Cordoba, on Boulogne Sur Mer (casi esquina Cordoba) there is a laundry place that charges 15 pesos per basket and 5 for shirts and slacks.

Leave a nice tip, she's the hardest working immigrant you'll ever find. And nice to boot.

I live in microcentro too, maybe we could take turns getting/dropping off the clothes.

When I stayed in San Telmo around Chacabuco, there was a lavandería right around the corner that did a basket for 15 pesos, pressing and folding included. I had no complaints -- just try to find that in the US!

Does anyone know a laundry that does folded and boxed shirts? As far as I can tell that doesn't exist as an option here (only on hangars).

If you ask for them doblado or plegado they come folded flat and put in a plastic bag (so not in a box, but folded)

Does this help? Apologies if not

lwfh said:
If you ask for them doblado or plegado they come folded flat and put in a plastic bag (so not in a box, but folded)

Does this help? Apologies if not
AHA! Maybe my mistake was asking them to be boxed. Folded and bagged would be acceptable. In your experience do they at least use cardboard inside the shirt?

No. Am slightly embarrassed that I am an expert on getting my husband's shirts ironed. Another option, of course, would be to do the ironing myself ...

Back