Toilet paper prices

AdrianB

Registered
So I was just in Carrefour and a pack of cheapest 4 double layered rolls costs 3000 pesos which is around $2.5. Bigger packs don't even exist and some other prices are out of this world.

For reference almost anywhere in europe I can buy a pack of 10 rolls with 3 layers for 3-4$. What is going on here?

Last edited:
So I was just in Carrefour and a pack of cheapest 4 double layered rolls costs 3000 pesos which is around $2.5. Bigger packs don't even exist and some other prices are out of this world.

For reference almost anywhere in europe I can buy a pack of 10 rolls with 3 layers for 3-4$. What is going on here?
soon enough it'll be cheaper to just wipe your butt with pesos

Do what thrifty people do, use just one side of toilet paper, rinse it, hang it to dry and voila! Think of the savings! /s/

Do you have a Vital close by? They sell in larger quantities (“por mayor”, “cash and carry”) and if you’re able to do your main shopping once a month or so, it’s not a bad option.

In the market in my English town I buy a pack of 36 double ply rolls for £6/$8 - sorry about that ;-)

To buy toilet paper here you need to shop around - a lot - and a masters degree in applied mathematics wouldn't go amiss either, what with buy 2 get 1 for 75% type offers and varying roll lengths etc. Consider buying single ply and folding it twice and look at other shops like Coto and Dia. Your neighbourhood is bound to have a Local which sells nothing but paper and cleaning products : they are usually cheaper.

But whatever you buy and wherever you buy it, it still won't tear across the perforations

The US is the only country in the world that still uses TP instead of a bidet. An Argentinian invented the Bidematic that is patented and installed on the rim of the toilet.

What bothers me is not the price but the permanent lack of high quality soft toilet paper.

Back