Good Translation Sites For Freelancers?

nikad

Registered
I know several forum members are working online, what are in your opinion the best translation sites to work with? I have Textmaster so far :) I am specifically looking for Eng to Spa language pairs.

Best way to find translation jobs, in my opinion:

- Open an account on proz.com
- Answer on Proz as many "Kudoz" questions as you can (for free = but you'll rank higher when an agency is looking for a translator)
- Also, it's worth it paying for a subscription on proz (again = your name will appear higher when an agency is looking for a translator)
- That way, agencies will be looking for you, not you for them (make sure the company is legit, to reduce the risks not getting paid)

Better avoid the freelancer sites like elance, odesk and such. Rates are way too low (minimum rate should be 5 cents per word. I'm paid up to 16 cents a word)

By far, the best translation site to work with is this one (worldwide leader for online translations, covers almost any language) (I include my own referral link if some people need translations) = http://www.onehourtranslation.com/affiliate/antoine101
OneHourTranslation even sends you a Mastercard to withdraw your earnings (in dollars...), can't beat that.

Best way to find translation jobs, in my opinion:

- Open an account on proz.com
- Answer on Proz as many "Kudoz" questions as you can (for free = but you'll rank higher when an agency is looking for a translator)
- Also, it's worth it paying for a subscription on proz (again = your name will appear higher when an agency is looking for a translator)
- That way, agencies will be looking for you, not you for them (make sure the company is legit, to reduce the risks not getting paid)

Better avoid the freelancer sites like elance, odesk and such. Rates are way too low (minimum rate should be 5 cents per word. I'm paid up to 16 cents a word)

By far, the best translation site to work with is this one (worldwide leader for online translations, covers almost any language) (I include my own referral link if some people need translations) = http://www.onehourtr...iate/antoine101
OneHourTranslation even sends you a Mastercard to withdraw your earnings (in dollars...), can't beat that.

I signed up for OneHourTranslation last year, got the Payoneer card, but they do not have my language pairs :( I will check out Proz. I worked on Elance many years ago and it was ok, however nowadays the $ they offer per project is ridiculous. Thx for the info!

Back