got harassed by the cops last night

OK - Chill pill about to be taken, however, you din't use the word "Hassle" in the original post, you said "Harrassed" - There is, in my humble opinion, a world of difference between the two (and no, please somebody don't get the dictionaries out to make the point one way or another, I said IMHO).

Liam3494 said:
OK - Chill pill about to be taken, however, you din't use the word "Hassle" in the original post, you said "Harrassed" - There is, in my humble opinion, a world of difference between the two (and no, please somebody don't get the dictionaries out to make the point one way or another, I said IMHO).

you are correct, I should of used the word hassle and not harassed. In my defense I was still drunk when I wrote the first first post.

And yes, I do feel safe thanks to all the police around and not scared of them like I am in the USA.

I think the concept of assigning ourselves importance as "needed" tourists here is so strange. Argentina is the 8th largest country in the world with a rich variety of natural resources and notable exports such as wine, beef, and leather, not to mention Buenos Aires' Granted it is largely mismanaged (the topic of oh-so-many other threads) but the point is, in my opinion Argentina is better for us than we are for them!

Did you ever figure out what they wrote down?

And off-topic but every "tourist" city needs tourists. It's not a slam on Buenos Aires. BsAs, Paris, NYC, etc, etc all need them as well. Tourists bring money & spend it, shop, rent hotels, take taxis and fuel the economy

citygirl said:
Did you ever figure out what they wrote down?

And off-topic but every "tourist" city needs tourists. It's not a slam on Buenos Aires. BsAs, Paris, NYC, etc, etc all need them as well. Tourists bring money & spend it, shop, rent hotels, take taxis and fuel the economy

I think it was my name and id # from my drivers lic. I had a photocopy of my passport but i didn't show it.

arty, there are a few on this board, myself included, who get all worked up over, even hot and bothered when the words used to describe facts and events are not as precise as expected.
As far as im concerened, you could have used any word to describe your experience and somebody would have had an opion to express. Imagine if you had used words like accosted, questioned,,searched or interrogated?

Cangurito said:
arty, there are a few on this board, myself included, who get all worked up over, even hot and bothered when the words used to describe facts and events are not as precise as expected.
As far as im concerened, you could have used any word to describe your experience and somebody would have had an opion to express. Imagine if you had used words like accosted, questioned,,searched or interrogated?

Actually, Canguriito, I would like to agree with you, but in this case, the use of the word "harassment" was a bit careless and only served to foster a genuinely undeserved image of the PFA. Being questioned, interrogated, or even searched is simply not equal to being harassed or accosted. Being accosted would indeed have been something to complain about, but that's not what happened, either, according to arty's original version of the event.

I got hassled not harassed people!!! I admitted I used a word that too strong for the situtation. the vocabulary nazis can settle down!!! I admit I was wrong.

the cops here are not like the ones i grew up with who are looking for a reason to kick your ass.

Back