Got into a scuffle with three chorros at Starbucks- will they seek revenge?

Since Maduro has been in charge for 8 years, these must be pretty young immigrants.
Thanks for alerting me to my imprecise phrasing in time, I edited my post. But even if you want to quibble with the Madurismo part, what came before wasn't a whole lot better, right? It doesn't exactly undermine my argument.

What interests me is how they planned to make use of the phone. Aren’t they password locked, and don’t many phones have a way to trace their location, and even ability to take snapshots from the camera if stolen if you have the right app installed? All my phones and tablets have some find my device feature.
My Iphone was taken from my hands long ago and I was able to trace it moving up to a certain point, when it reached Plaza Once (Plaza Miserere) the GPS signal went dead. They will sell it to get their daily dose of drugs and eventually they will sell the parts, if necessary. There is no way to recover them.

My Iphone was taken from my hands long ago and I was able to trace it moving up to a certain point, when it reached Plaza Once (Plaza Miserere) the GPS signal went dead. They will sell it to get their daily dose of drugs and eventually they will sell the parts, if necessary. There is no way to recover them.
With an iPhone (at least a newer generation, you don't say what you had) my understanding is that it's pointless selling parts, the major parts all have "ID numbers" and "know" which iPhone they were built with. They won't work being plugged into a random phone. There shouldn't be a spare iPhone parts market anymore.

If you used the "find my iPhone" feature, you should have been able to declare it as stolen and put a message to that effect on the display. Nobody's going to get their daily drug dose, it was wasted effort. Android phones on the other hand...

With an iPhone (at least a newer generation, you don't say what you had) my understanding is that it's pointless selling parts, the major parts all have "ID numbers" and "know" which iPhone they were built with. They won't work being plugged into a random phone. There shouldn't be a spare iPhone parts market anymore.

If you used the "find my iPhone" feature, you should have been able to declare it as stolen and put a message to that effect on the display. Nobody's going to get their daily drug dose, it was wasted effort. Android phones on the other hand...

Interesting about Iphones. I didn’t know that. If the device is useful to them somehow, parts or whatever, I’m guessing they could put the phone in a faraday container, maybe wrap it in aluminum foil or something like that, to keep the signal from going out, and then they can take it to a faraday cage room and try to disassemble the device, or turn it over to someone they know that specializes in that. Otherwise the device could get traced I guess and that location can be given to the police. I assume professional thieves must have some kind of awareness of these things or know how to do it somehow or another. I just happened to know some of these things from my interest in prepping/survivalism, as it relates to EMP attacks, solar flares, which the faraday container also protects against if I understand.

I'm sure villa 31 is just full of Faraday containers for this purpose

I did a little research but couldn’t find any info on how they do it. Maybe someone else knows. However, a faraday room may not be that hard to make. They even have faraday blankets, so they could make it a mobile “room,” like in a van, or just a plain van that they park somewhere and quickly disassemble the device, so not to give their location away. A house or apartment would potentially give their location away if something goes wrong. I did find a story that stolen phones have been put in automated recycling kiosks that pay the recyclers. What the thieves do probably depends on the particular operation and expertise. I also found some stories of people who found their stolen devices through some kind of find my device feature I guess. All my devices have some sort of find my device/anti theft feature so I don’t think it’s that simple for them to just take a phone and sell it. I’m guessing they turn off or disable it somehow, and they might have some contacts that are professional operations that they then sell the phones to, who then know how to do it without getting in trouble as easily. My phone actually can be locked without any password requirement, so I don’t think they wrap it in aluminum foil necessarily if they can just turn it off. But who knows. The answer to something like this might be more easily found in the dark web, which I have no experience with. They might have a discussion forum like we have, except about how to do crime.

Realist, really. What else is there?

What else is there? Move to Florence with a dollar or Euro income. Is off topic though . Do you agree with data below?

Summary about cost of living in Florence, Italy: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 3,234$ (2,862€) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 899$ (795€) without rent. Florence is 29.13% less expensive than New York (without rent).
Cost of Living in Florence
https://www.numbeo.com › Cost of Living › Italy

Información

Also, a human being cannot be "illegal." A person's actions (living/working in a country without the proper documentation) may be illegal, but that person isn't illegal.

I was an illegal human being in Argentina for a time. Bajo liked to refer to me as irregular though.

I set it on "lost mode", it had an alarm on; I reported it stolen at the police station, reported it to the phone company, and believe me, there is no way to trace them or get them back in Argentina, even if you do find it with the "FIND MY IPHONE" feature, what are you going to do? follow the criminals and get shot trying to recover it? Forget it!

Back